Head Teacher - St Nicolas Church of England Academy
What is the job role?
Employer: The Diocese of Coventry Multi Academy Trust
Location: St Nicolas Church of England Academy, Warwickshire Salary: L15-L21
Contract type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
St Nicolas Church of England Academy is proud to be part of The Diocese of Coventry Multi Academy Trust which is a group of 22 Church of England academies from across the Diocese of Coventry. The core mission of our Trust is to build a better future for all within our Academies who in turn will positively impact their communities “Together, pursuing ‘life in all its fullness.”
We are looking to appoint an exceptional, innovative and highly motivated leader who possesses the drive, passion and personality to build upon our current strengths and lead us on the next stage of our journey. You will be an inspirational and innovative leader, manager and team player who is committed to our school vision of “developing happy, young people with enquiring minds, a spirit of curiosity, respect for themselves, others and the environment so that they will have the skills, resilience and adaptability to thrive in a rapidly changing world.”
Who are we looking for?
Our new Headteacher will:
• Be an experienced leader with a proven track record of school improvement
• Build on the visionary leadership of the school community that reflects our vision and values, setting high expectations for academic achievement, inclusion and well-being
• Be able to inspire, challenge and empower our dedicated children and staff towards excellence and high standards
• Have a passion for research and evidence informed practice and use this to build upon the current strengths of the school
• Be passionate about the positive impact of an ambitious and rich curriculum on outcomes for all children
• Promote our distinctively Christian school developing links with parents, carers and the wider community
We will provide you with:
• An exciting opportunity to lead our Academy in partnership with the staff, governors, parents, Trust leadership team, Church and Diocese
• Highly motivated, well behaved and happy children who enjoy learning
• Supportive and collaborative colleagues, committed to the Christian ethos of the school and improving outcomes for children
• A cohesive and inclusive school community where staff work hard to develop strong relationships with children and their families
• Opportunities to work closely with other schools within the Trust, learning from and sharing best practice
• Ongoing professional development and the opportunity to support school improvement, in your areas of expertise, across the Trust
You are very welcome, and encouraged, to visit the school from 9.00am – 10.00am on Tuesday 21st November or 2pm – 3pm on Thursday 23rd November.
This appointment is supported by ASCL’s Leadership Appointment Service. If you feel inspired to discover more about this exciting opportunity, need any further information or would like to arrange a visit to the school please contact Jo Corrigan on 07557 114082 or email Jo.Corrigan@ascl.org.uk
For more details about how to apply see online HERE. If you wish to be part of our fantastic Learning Community, please complete our application form and submit to Claire Freeman (Head of People) at email@example.com
Closing date for applications is: 12 noon on Monday 4 December 2023
Interviews will be held on: Thursday 14th December 2023
The post is available from Easter 2024
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.
Following recommendations from Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) for an additional pre employment check with effect 1 Sept 22, please note, an online search may form part of this recruitment process.
Coventry City Council