Unqualified Teacher - John Gulson Primary School
What is the job role?
Unqualified Teacher (Temporary until July 2023 in the first instance)
3 days per week (Monday to Wednesday)
Salary Range: UQT 1-6 £11,051–£17,241 starting salary dependent upon experience
This is a new position that provides the right individual with the opportunity to enthuse and engage our children and help us in our drive to produce well-rounded citizens of the future!
We are seeking a part time Unqualified Teacher to start on 31st October 2022. We are looking for someone with passion for education, who will be expected to deliver high quality lessons (planning provided) ensuring all children from Reception to Year 6 achieve and enjoy their learning. The role will be to deliver ‘Character Education’ to our children, covering PPA time for our teaching staff from Reception to Year 6. The programme is bespoke to our school and is centred around our values and curriculum drivers. We have high expectations of pupils’ achievement and behaviour. This an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to move from a support staff role to a teaching role.
This role is governed by the Teacher Standards and as such, performance management targets would be linked to the teacher standards in line with the most recent school improvement plan priorities. Hours of work are also based around those expected by teachers according to these standards. As part of this, there would be a requirement for the successful candidate to lead an out of hours club (focus to be discussed) promoting excellence in out
Candidates need to demonstrate:
• Experience of teaching and working with all key stages.
• Success in raising children’s attainment.
• Experience of working with pupils with varying learning needs
• Being an individual who can inspire, challenge and motivate all children to achieve.
• A commitment to working as part of a team to improve standards of teaching and learning.
• Being a positive role model in school.
• High expectations of themselves and the children they teach
• A creative approach to the curriculum and deliver learning in exciting ways.
• A commitment to contributing to wider school life.
• A flexible approach to meet the needs of the school
We can offer you:
• A happy, caring and thriving school with an inclusive ethos.
• A named person who will mentor and support you.
• A friendly, supportive staff team and Governing Body.
• Opportunities to use your skills and develop professionally.
• Professional development opportunities.
• A supportive leadership team
We are offering tours of the school on the following dates / times, to book a tour, please call the office on 02476227791.
• Friday 22nd September at 8:30am
• Tuesday 27th September at 8:30am
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date for application is Friday 30th September at 9am. Application forms should be sent directly to the SBM, Miss T Hine (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Observations and interviews will be held during week beginning 3rd October 2022.
Safeguarding: The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: Enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification; medical fitness; identity and right to work.
Who are we looking for?
Following recommendations from Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) for an additional pre employment check with effect 1 Sept 22, please note, an online search may form part of this recruitment process.
Coventry City Council