Team Manager - Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) - Part Time
About the team we are recruiting to
In Coventry, we are working hard to build something special. Children and families are at the heart of everything we do, and we believe they deserve the best outcomes. Children’s Services provides a wide range of statutory and non-statutory duties, from Early Help Services, through to children who are looked after.
The service reflects and responds to the changing needs of children and their families. It works to enable a reflective and flexible approach, with a strong Early Help offer and a real focus on Relationship Based Practice and Signs of Safety, which focuses on intervention and keeping families together.
Children’s Services is proud of its achievements to date and is continuing to ensure children and families remain at the heart of all it does. We will provide you with an environment where social work can flourish, with high support, high challenge and manageable caseloads. Children’s Services is proud of its workforce, who are committed, dedicated, and work to a high standard. We are seeking other like minded practitioners who would like to join us. We pride ourselves on building relationships with families and partners and hold respectful practice at the centre of all we do.
The Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) is the front door for access to statutory services, and where a threshold decision needs to be made. The MASH brings key professionals together to enable timely decisions to be made. MASH practitioners are all skilled and experienced, and are key to analysing information gathered, and decision-making, to safeguard children, young people and families more effectively.
MASH practitioners, who come from the following areas, work closely together and also have close links to Probation and the Youth Offending Service:
- Children Services including Early Help
- Police; and
The MASH is considered a vital role in getting consistent thresholds applied and supporting only those families that need support. We are seeking skilled individuals who can bring more experience and knowledge to our MASH, you will have a close, supportive team and developmental opportunities. The MASH is situated in Broadgate House in the City Centre.
What is the job role?
Coventry City Council’s Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub is seeking to recruit a dynamic, experienced and highly skilled individual to deliver an outstanding service to children, young people and their families.
As a MASH Team Manager you will be leading a team of Social workers to assess the risks to children. The MASH process will enable you to demonstrate your leadership, direction and decision making using the current Threshold documentation. You will determine the level of intervention required and provide a service to ensure that children are safeguarded. Your decision making and direction will be both proportionate and timely.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Who are we looking for?
You will need to have a recognised professional Social Work qualification (MA/BA/BSc in Social Work, Diploma in Social Work or CQSW) and Social Work England registration with experience in the following areas
- Management of dealing with child protection enquiries, completing assessments and managing timescales.
- Significant experience in working with children and families in a statutory social Care setting with demonstrable experience of decision making in regards to children’s cases.
- Proven skills in being able to lead, manage, and motivate staff
- Proven skills in partnership working
- Experience of working across organisational and management boundaries to achieve improved outcomes for children, young people and their families
- Effective communication skills.
- Experience of working under pressure whilst meeting deadlines.
- Experience of using performance data to monitor and shape service improvements
Learn more about Coventry and our aims for the future here:
What we offer
- Flexible Working
- Relocation Package: If you are joining us outside of the region, we will contribute an attractive £8,000 relocation package toward expenses and costs which includes estate agent commission, legal fees, removal expenses and lodging allowance
- Life Assurance: 3X your annual salary
- Pension Scheme: An incomparable, very attractive and high valued local salary pension scheme offered to all permanent staff
- MyCar Scheme: Generous discount offers leasing on a selection of over 1000 cars
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
All attachments for the job can be found here
Interview date: 1st December 2020
Introduction to Coventry City Council
Coventry is a lively, multicultural city, which embraces old and new. Around the modern city centre there are traces of history everywhere – in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street. But Coventry has always had an eye on the future, and is now firmly focused on regenerating and re-inventing itself to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. With major developments and new projects taking place right across the city, Coventry City Council is the place to be!
There's a huge buzz about the city – Coventry ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, and is the UK City of Culture 2021 ! We believe this will help put Coventry on the map for all the right reasons. You can feel the sense of local pride throughout the city as we build towards this momentous year. It also offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those joining us to play their part in it.
We genuinely believe that Coventry City Council is a special place. You will be joining Coventry City Council during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the city. We have made our council a place where we look after our people, making sure you're happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We've created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for the city of Coventry.
As a council with improvement at its heart, we’re committed to making life better for the people who live and work in Coventry. We’re equally concerned with the quality of life enjoyed by our people, so by joining us, you won’t just be helping the community, you’ll be helping yourself too.
Not only do you get to work alongside great people that are helping to improve services for our community we offer great benefits too! For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Pay progression through multiple increments
- Outstanding local government pension scheme
- Learning & Development with access to certified courses.
- Access to an award winning Occupational Health Team
- Vibrant employee networks
Coventry City Council