Teacher of Science - Ernesford Grange Community Academy
What is the job role?
Why should you commit your future to the children of Ernesford Grange Community
I asked some of our Ernesford colleagues earlier this term what is was that made them love working here quite so much and this is just a snippet of what they said:
- We are a genuine family where the staff care just as much about each other as they do about our wonderful students
- SLT actually trust staff to work and do not micro manage everything
- It feels like the responsibilities during the tough times and decisions are shared to make it a little easier on everyone
- We have a dedicated Director of Staff Well-Being who genuinely wants to make sure we are all happy and enjoying our time at school
- SLT listen to you and actually take on board suggestions on how to keep improving
- We care about others. Really care. Not the care that you do because you have to, or because you feel obliged to.
- Engaging and challenging schemes of work in place which eases workload as they require differentiating according to group need rather than re-creating.
These are reviewed constantly so if we need to think of something new we share the workload as a team.
The staff survey from June 2020 highlighted that 99% of colleagues felt that staff morale
was good or outstanding, 98% felt the support they received from their line manager was
good or outstanding and 95% of staff felt that the management of pupil behaviour was good or outstanding. It is our aim to get 100% for each of these categories in the next survey.
So, if you are interested in joining a new family, one where you will be nurtured, challenged, developed and improved then maybe it is time to get in touch.
We are currently seeking a scientist with the potential to make future scientists of our
young people. Someone with a genuine passion for their subject who wants to inspire and
guide the students of Ernesford to a future of which they can be proud, one which will
change their life and the lives of those around them for the better.
If you would like further information or to discuss the post in more detail then please
contact: Dr Steve Essex, Assistant Head Teacher and Head of Science – firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome visits to our school and appointments can be made by contacting Lorraine
Parker (Headteacher’s PA) – email@example.com or telephoning 024 76453121.
How to apply
Please visit our website: www.egacademy.org.uk ‘Vacancies page’.
Return your completed application forms to Lorraine Parker– firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your completed application form.
Closing date: Monday 7th December 2020 at 12 noon – we reserve the right to interview
prior to the deadline if suitable candidates apply earlier
Interview date : To be confirmed
Any offer of employment to the above post will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Coventry City Council