School Catering Manager - Sacred Heart Primary School
What is the job role?
The Romero Catholic Academy is currently looking for a Catering Manager Grade 3, Points 4-7 £18,426 to £19,554 to be based with our fantastic team at the Sacred Heart Primary School, Brays Lane, Coventry CV2 4DW. As Catering Manager, you will lead the team, manage the kitchen, cook meals using fresh ingredients and ensure that the food goes out on time and presented to the Academy’s standard. Within this School, the children interact with the kitchen team. You will be an integral part of making lunchtimes enjoyable for children.
Who we are
We are more than a School Caterer; we are driven by creating a positive food culture and helping our customers (the students) eat better food.
Your specific responsibilities:
- To ensure food production, standards, costs & menu planning are carried out in a timely fashion, as agreed with the Academy Catering Manager.
- To carry out the smooth and efficient running of the School’s catering operation as appropriate.
- The assist the Academy Catering Manager with developing new menus.
- To compile food orders for their Schools.
- To plan, prepare, cook and present food to the standards required by the Romero Catholic Academy.
- To ensure that the Romero Catholic Academy’s reputation for excellent food and service is enhanced with the customers.
The role is 37 hours per week. Monday to Thursday 7.30am - 3.30pm and Fridays 07:30am – 3pm, Term Time Only plus 1 week (39 weeks), workwear provided. An attractive local government contributory pension and BHSF health scheme is included.
A skills test will be required for this role.
We reserve the right to close the online vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to complete and submit your application form as soon as possible.
Application Forms and supplementary documents are available on our website at www.romeromac.com
Closing Date: 3rd August 2020 9am
Interview Date: TBC
Start Date: September 2020
The Romero Catholic Academy is committed to the safeguarding of children and our team shares this commitment. Successful candidates are required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Coventry City Council