Lifeguard - Castle Wood School
What is the job role?
3-11yrs: Broad Spectrum Special Primary 160 pupils
Castle Wood is an outstanding broad spectrum Special Primary School with excellent pool facilities. We are passionate about teaching and learning and making a difference is children’s lives.
We are seeking to appoint a qualified motivated and enthusiastic lifeguard to join our hardworking supportive and welcoming staff. The main purpose of this role is to undertake continuous swimming pool surveillance, recovery of bathers, resuscitation, first aid and general assistant in accordance with agreed procedures.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience of lifeguarding roles and using lifeguarding and resuscitation techniques
- Previous experience of dealing with emergencies and first aid
- Sound knowledge of swimming pool operating procedures, including testing water levels and other pre pool checks
- The ability to deal with pool users enquiries, misbehaviour, give and receive clear instructions
- Previous experience of working with special needs children is desirable along with experience of working in a school setting
- The ability to follow and operate clear health and safety procedures including pool evacuation procedures.
The successful candidate will hold a nationally recognised Pool lifeguarding qualification (NPLQ) along with a first aid qualification.
You will be required to attend regular lifeguarding training to ensure the lifeguard qualification remains valid. This is usually scheduled once a month on a Sunday morning for 2 hours.
Hours of work are Monday – Friday 9am – 3pm with 30 minutes lunch break. We would consider applications for a full time post or would be willing to consider a job share opportunity. This might consist of morning shifts 9am-11.30am or afternoon shifts 1.00pm - 3.00pm.
Further details are available by contacting the school on 02476 709060 or email . email@example.com Please ask for Vicky Moore – School Business Manager.
Application packs are available to download below and are returnable direct to the school - firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday 26th September 2021
Interview date: w/c 27th September 2021
Start date: As soon as possible
Please note that only successful applicants will be informed. If you have not had a response by then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Coventry City Council