Assistant Site Service Officer - Broad Heath Primary School
About the team we are recruiting to
Broad Heath is an inner city school with 600+ children
We are looking to recruit an assistant site service officer to join our friendly team.
Experience of cleaning, maintenance, decorating, carpentry, plumbing, electrical repairs and general DIY is essential.
Hours to be negotiated, needs to be flexible but will focus on early start one week/ late finish by 6.15pm following week
We are seeking a driven, determined and skilled individual who:
- Is a strong team player.
- Able to demonstrate high standards in all areas.
- Have a genuine desire to involve yourself fully in the life of our school and to work as part of our forward-thinking team of professionals.
- Ensuring the inside and outside environment are well maintained and meet the highest standards for Health and Safety requirements
- Ensuring the premises are cleaned to the schools high standards.
- Proven experience of Building Maintenance
- Site Safety and security, including being an appointed key holder
- Checking the building daily, opening and closing the building in the morning and evenings.
- Liaising with contractors
- Routine repairs and Maintenance work of building and grounds to a high standard
- Will report to the Site Service Officer
- Holds a full clean UK driving license
The successful candidate will have high expectations, use their initiative and have a sense of pride in their work. Other necessary qualities include confidentiality, excellent time-management and being able to work on your own initiative and under pressure, with a willingness to contribute to the continued improvement of our school
Applications will only be accepted via the website.
Closing date: Sunday 5th February 2023
Broad Heath is committed to safeguarding.
"The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification and will be subject to Pre-Employment checks including a Health Check, Enhanced DBS check and excellent References"
TES Primary School of the Year WINNER!
Who are we looking for?
Following recommendations from Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) for an additional pre employment check with effect 1 Sept 22, please note, an online search may form part of this recruitment process.
Coventry City Council