Assistant Education Welfare and Family Liaison - Ernesford Grange Community Academy
What is the job role?
Grade 3 - £17,836 - £18,830 per annum - actual salary
Working Hours – 37 hours per week
Monday to Thursday 8.00am – 4.00pm and Friday 8.00am – 3.30pm (half an hour lunch)
Term time – 190 days
Ernesford Grange Community Academy is seeking to appoint an excellent AEWFLO who is able to support the Attendance Team to ensure our families consistently have both excellent attendance and punctuality. Our vision is simple, we endeavour to create a school community whereby excellent attendance and punctuality is a fundamental expectation and families acknowledge that it maximises potential, boosts social skills, confidence and self-esteem.
The Attendance Team at Ernesford seeks to increase school attendance rates by working in close partnership with families and other external agencies. We are looking for a professional to join our passionate team and who is able to:
• Communicate openly and honestly with staff, pupils and families about our expectations of school life and performance so that they understand what to expect and what is expected of them.
• Liaise with other agencies working with pupils and their families to support attendance, for example, where a young person has a social worker or is otherwise vulnerable.
• Monitor and analyse attendance data regularly to ensure that intervention is delivered quickly to address absence.
• Where interventions fail to address attendance issues, identify the reasons why and, where appropriate, change or adjust the intervention.
• Make sure staff, pupils and families understand that absence from school is a potential safeguarding risk and understand their role in keeping children safe.
• Make evidence informed decisions that improve attendance processes and procedures.
If you would like further information or to discuss the post in more detail then please contact
Kane Hudson, Assistant Head Teacher – firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
If you are ambitious for yourself and want to be part of a great team at this really exciting time then we would like to meet you.
For further details, an application form, and to apply, please visit our Website: www.sidneystringertrust.org.uk
Please return completed application forms to the recruitment team - Recruitment@egacademy.org.uk [No hard copies to be sent in the post].
We look forward to receiving your completed application form.
Closing date: Monday 30th January 2023 at midday
Interview date: TBC
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.
Who are we looking for?
Following recommendations from Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) for an additional pre employment check with effect 1 Sept 22, please note, an online search may form part of this recruitment process.
Coventry City Council