Work Based Learning Programme Manager (Lecturer Level 2)
It’s great to know that you are interested in working with us at Coventry City Council. As a prospective employee, it is important that everyone who works for us is committed to our One Coventry values and shares our commitment to becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation.
Our Values are:
About the team we are recruiting to
The Adult Education Service is part of Coventry City Council. We provide a wide range of courses for Coventry residents age 19+ and much of our provision is targeted at people with the highest levels of need.
We offer long courses in English, maths, English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), ICT/Digital and vocational subjects such as Early Years, along with provision for adults with learning disabilities.
We also offer a very wide range of short community courses in arts, crafts, music, dance, exercise, fitness and family learning. In addition, we run a highly supportive study programme for young people.
Our work-based learning offer includes Apprenticeships in the following subject areas:
- Nursery Workers
- Teaching Assistants
- Leadership/Management; and
- Customer Care.
We also provide courses for adults who are seeking work via the Council’s Job Shop.
Our main base is at Southfields Old School, CV1 5EJ, with provision delivered at around 25 other sites within Coventry, mostly in areas of highest need.
We welcome applications from anyone who wants to make a difference to the lives of people in Coventry.
What is the job role?
You will be joining a team of enthusiastic staff who continue to develop successful work place programmes for Adult Education. These include a high achieving apprenticeship programme, an innovative study programme, SWAPS and Sector Gateways, as well as successful European funded training programmes.
- You will be responsible for establishing, maintaining and developing apprenticeships and other work based programmes across the city, including curriculum development and design.
- You have specific responsibility for managing the Business Administration and Customer Service Apprenticeship provision.
- You will also be responsible for direct contact with clients, monitoring of provision and collaboration with other partners, both internal and external.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Who are we looking for?
- A person who is experienced in delivering Business Administration or Customer Service apprenticeship standards or someone who has experience of managing a team who deliver Business Administration and/or Customer Service apprenticeship standards. Previous management experience is desirable but not essential.
- Substantial experience of teaching adults and young people, including experience of developing, delivering and managing vocational programmes.
- Experience in developing innovative approaches to teaching and learning.
- You will need to have:
- a level 4 teaching qualification
- a level 3 subject qualification (we require someone specifically with a Business administration or Customer Service qualification at level 3 or above)
- a level 2 English and Maths qualification ie functional skills at level 2 or GCSE at grade C or 4..
- An assessors award and/or an IQA award desirable but not essential
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
Interview date(s): 13th December 2021 - only date available
Introduction to Coventry City Council
Coventry is a lively, multicultural city, which embraces old and new. Around the modern city centre there are traces of history everywhere – in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street. But Coventry has always had an eye on the future, and is now firmly focused on regenerating and re-inventing itself to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. With major developments and new projects taking place right across the city, Coventry City Council is the place to be!
There's a huge buzz about the city – Coventry ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, and is the UK City of Culture 2021 ! We believe this will help put Coventry on the map for all the right reasons. You can feel the sense of local pride throughout the city as we build towards this momentous year. It also offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those joining us to play their part in it.
We genuinely believe that Coventry City Council is a special place. You will be joining Coventry City Council during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the city. We have made our council a place where we look after our people, making sure you're happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We've created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for the city of Coventry.
As a council with improvement at its heart, we’re committed to making life better for the people who live and work in Coventry. We’re equally concerned with the quality of life enjoyed by our people, so by joining us, you won’t just be helping the community, you’ll be helping yourself too.
Not only do you get to work alongside great people that are helping to improve services for our community we offer great benefits too! For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Pay progression through multiple increments
- Outstanding local government pension scheme
- Learning & Development with access to certified courses.
- Access to an award winning Occupational Health Team
- Vibrant employee networks
Coventry City Council