Trauma Informed Support Officer
It’s great to know that you are interested in working with us at Coventry City Council. As a prospective employee, it is important that everyone who works for us is committed to our One Coventry values and shares our commitment to becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation.
Our Values are:
About the team we are recruiting to
In Coventry, we are working hard to build something special. Children and families are at the heart of everything we do, and we believe they deserve the best outcomes. Children’s Services provides a wide range of statutory and non-statutory duties, from Early Help Services, through to children who are looked after.
The service reflects and responds to the changing needs of children and their families. It works to enable a reflective and flexible approach, with a strong Early Help offer and a real focus on Relationship Based Practice and Signs of Safety, which focuses on intervention and keeping families together.
Children’s Services is proud of its achievements to date and is continuing to ensure children and families remain at the heart of all it does. We will provide you with an environment where social work can flourish, with high support, high challenge and manageable caseloads. Children’s Services is proud of its workforce, who are committed, dedicated, and work to a high standard. We are seeking other like minded practitioners who would like to join us. We pride ourselves on building relationships with families and partners and hold respectful practice at the centre of all we do.
Edge of Care is an innovative, dynamic and creative service, that has a clear aim to safely prevent and reduce the number of children and young people from entering the care system in Coventry. With a workforce that has commitment to safely keep families together as a unit by strengthening, improving and re-building relationships. We are passionate about delivering ground-breaking solutions to promote sustainable change for our families, we encourage individuals to make informed choices about their own lives and involve them in all aspects of the work.
What is the job role?
We are looking for a Business Support Officer to work under the general direction of the Therapist and the Service Manager, to be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of administrative support to the Positive Directions Project (TiRs).
This is a Fixed Term Position position 18.5 hours a week (Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays). Salary displayed with be pro rata to hours worked (full time hours 37 per week)
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role we are looking for a Business Support Officer in the Positive Directions Project, where the main duties & responsibilities will include:
- A good knowledge of IT packages and systems to support word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation of documents
- Knowledge of a range of office systems and procedures
- A good level of communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal to deal with members of the public and establish rapport with colleagues and team members within the Edge of Care Services.
- Experience in a wide range of clerical and administrative work (digital and manual)
- Provide the first point of contact for service users, staff from partner organisations and colleagues and determine how matters can be most effectively progressed from this first contact.
- Provide advice to service users to enable them to access services from Children’s Services and partner organisations.
- Progress work activities within specific projects and tasks delegated by the Team Manager to contribute to the effectiveness of the service.
- Collate and prepare the presentation of performance data relating to service activities. Initiate work, for example case file audits, in support of the scrutiny of service performance.
- Undertake specific, service projects/tasks including investigation, identification, research, and collation of information.
- Handle a range of administrative work in support for the service including the drafting and preparation of documents, writing minutes, preparing power point presentations, handling enquiries coming into the service, organising meetings.
- To maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job, participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support staff in their development and training.
- To undertake other such duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required, and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
- The duties described in this job description must be carried out in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity, dignity and due respect for all employees and service users and is consistent with the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Working with some vulnerable children, young people and adults can, at times, be emotionally challenging for which appropriate support will be provided through management supervision. The post holder must be able to deal with such mental demands.
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
Interview date: 22nd February 2023
Coventry has a proud, innovative and creative spirit that throughout its history has seen communities come together to tackle problems and bring about real social change.
We are cutting-edge, challenging, youthful, vibrant and diverse.
At Coventry we are committed to excellence in everything we do. With around 4800 staff from a range of different backgrounds, our aim is to recruit and develop talented people who will focus on our customers, take responsibility, work together and find better ways of doing things.
To deliver the best services to our residents, we need the best people working for us to make a difference to our communities.
If you join us, we will provide a fantastic rewards and benefits package - to find out more please visit https://www.coventry.gov.uk/council-vacancies
Coventry City Council