About the team we are recruiting to
Adult Social Care is part of the People Directorate within Coventry City Council. We have a simple vision and strategy that defines what we are trying to achieve, our purpose and our approach which underpin the principles of Adult Social Care, and we continue to work in support of this.
In a simple sense all our work, at whatever level should continue to support the strategy of: ‘Providing support, in the least intrusive manner possible, based on the assets, resources and abilities that are available to people’.
Adult Social Care encompasses a wide range of vital services covering;
- Social Work Services - we work with individuals who have care and support needs, and with their carers be they older or younger adults
- Occupational Therapy and Equipment Services - we aim to enhance people’s ability to live safely and independently in their home
- Internally Provided Services – we provide direct support to people enabling those in most need to live independent and fulfilled lives
- Business Systems and Continuous Improvement - we provide a range of services including Financial Assessments, provider payment processing and Business Systems administration. The Business Systems team provide support to Adult Social Care, Children’s Services and Education Services.
This is an exciting time to join us as we work to put adults and their carers at the heart of everything we do. Specifically, if you are social workers, occupational therapists or social care professionals who are committed to achieving the best outcomes for adults and their carers we will help you make a difference through manageable caseloads, high-quality professional support, supervision and guidance and excellent learning and development opportunities
What is the job role?
Are you passionate about care and seeking a new challenge? Do you have previous experience within a care, mental or physical health setting? Are you looking to develop new skills in a Therapy Setting?
We are looking for two enthusiastic, organised and reliable individuals to work within our Therapy Team supporting Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists.
You will deliver a robust assessment and treatment service to our customers, covering physical, learning, and mental health disabilities. You will work within a highly motivated Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy team with ample opportunity to develop your professional range of skills.
You will provide a variety of interventions to customers in the community, the aim of which is to enable the customer to live safely and independently in their chosen community. You will also assist the therapists to in delivering therapeutic treatment programmes.
You will be under Enablement & Therapy services and based citywide. You will be managed by an Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist based at the Opal Centre. You will be working with health and social care facilitating timely hospital discharges in the community.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for individuals whose skills include:
- Effective communication – in person, written and over the telephone
- Conducting assessments in the customer’s home to identify their strengths and how they can use these strengths to improve / maintain safety and independence in their chose home environment
- Providing instruction to clients and their carers to enable them to achieve maximum functional independence.
- Working both independently and as part of a team
- Organising an allocated workload, planning and prioritising work to achieve objectives and meet deadlines
- Developing effective working relationships with customers, colleagues and other agencies
- Maintaining accurate case records on the computer database
For Further information please contact Naheed Khan or Victoria Bodycote on 07739624723/07811020437
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible.
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
All attachments for the job can be found here
Introduction to Coventry City Council
Coventry is a lively, multicultural city, which embraces old and new. Around the modern city centre there are traces of history everywhere – in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street. But Coventry has always had an eye on the future, and is now firmly focused on regenerating and re-inventing itself to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. With major developments and new projects taking place right across the city, Coventry City Council is the place to be!
There's a huge buzz about the city – Coventry ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, and is the UK City of Culture 2021 ! We believe this will help put Coventry on the map for all the right reasons. You can feel the sense of local pride throughout the city as we build towards this momentous year. It also offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those joining us to play their part in it.
We genuinely believe that Coventry City Council is a special place. You will be joining Coventry City Council during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the city. We have made our council a place where we look after our people, making sure you're happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We've created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for the city of Coventry.
As a Council with improvement at its heart, we’re committed to making life better for the people who live and work in Coventry. We’re equally concerned with the quality of life enjoyed by our people, so by joining us, you won’t just be helping the community, you’ll be helping yourself too.
Not only do you get to work alongside great people that are helping to improve services for our community we offer great benefits too! For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Pay progression through multiple increments
- Outstanding local government pension scheme
- Learning & Development with access to certified courses.
- Access to an award winning Occupational Health Team
- Vibrant employee networks
Coventry City Council