Team Leader - Care and Support
What is the job role?
Coventry City Council are partnering with Meridian Health & Social Care who are looking for an exceptional, highly committed Team Leader to join their team in Coventry.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our staff, the dedication to their job and the compassion they have for their service users. We offer competitive rates of pay, funded training programmes and career development opportunities.
We are looking for experienced Care & Support Team Leaders to work with us in Coventry within the areas of CV6, CV5, CV3, CV2 & CV1.
We would particularly welcome application from applicants who are bi-lingual/fluent speaking in Urdu, Hindi or Punjabi due to the demographics of the areas.
As a Team Leader you will be leading and supervising carers day-to-day, working alongside them and completing regular staff appraisals. You will liaise with service users, residents and families, health care professionals and other stakeholders.
- Proven track record in managing resources.
- Proven leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sound and robust ICT skills and knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience within the care sector.
- To ensure that all staff are trained to the standards required and competent to provide the quality care required by individual service users.
- To complete the induction process for all care staff arranging shadow shifts & monitoring visits
- Ensure all relevant updates are in line with CQC standards and recommendations.
- Liaise with the staff team, raising awareness of new procedures, training requirements and the development of Services.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a care setting & hold or be working towards a Level 2/3 in Health & Social Care
- Experienced in Supervision of staff
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure
- Car Driver
- Travelling will be required with this position
- Out of Hours working may be required with this position, in line with business requirements
- On-Call availability
Who are we looking for?
You will be flexible, client focused, and solutions orientated in your approach.
You will be well-organised, IT literate and adept at allocating and delegating work appropriately, you have a proven ability to lead and supervise others and a good understanding of care planning processes. You will have a natural ability to help make the lives of others more fulfilling and supported.
- Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 37.5 hours (some out of hours/weekend working as required)
- Salary: Starting at £18,000 (dependent upon experience)
- Mileage: Paid at 20p per mile
- 28 days Annual Leave
- DBS Fully Funded by Meridian
- Learning & Development Opportunities
Coventry City Council