Teaching Assistant (Communication Support Worker) - Hearing Impaired Child - Howes Primary School
What is the job role?
This is an amazing opportunity for a Teaching Assistant to join our friendly, unique school to start as soon as possible as we journey together to improve opportunities and outcomes for our children and staff so that we can all be the best that we can be.
Under the advice of a qualified Teacher of the Deaf, the role is to provide bilingual communication support for a pupil enrolled in the Primary Hearing-Impaired Resource Base.
British Sign Language Level 2 (or equivalent) qualification is essential for this role.
We can offer:
A leadership team that will support, encourage and develop you as a practitioner.
A supportive, friendly staff team.
Motivated, enthusiastic children who love to learn.
A welcoming and supportive school community.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an inspirational person who is:
• Able to communicate with a deaf child using total communication
• Has the children’s learning and well-being at the heart of everything that they do
• Has excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal with people tactfully and confidentially
• Has experience working in schools with children or young people
• Has energy and enthusiasm to support our children who deserve nothing but the best
• Works well as part of a team but can also use their initiative to work independently productively
• Is a good role model to others
Hours: 23.5 per week, term time only
If you have the above qualities, we look forward to hearing from you. We encourage you to arrange a visit to the school to see all that we offer our children and staff. To make this arrangement, please contact school on 02476 411711.
To apply for the post please click the below Apply button.
Closing date: Thursday 8th June 2023 at 9.00am
Interview date: Monday 12th June 2023
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.
Following recommendations from Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) for an additional pre employment check with effect 1 Sept 22, please note, an online search may form part of this recruitment process.
Coventry City Council