Teacher of Science - Cardinal Newman Catholic School
What is the job role?
Number on roll 1383 (with 203 in the Sixth Form)
Required for January 2022
Applications are invited from enthusiastic teachers of Science who are looking to join a school committed to academic and pastoral excellence.
This full-time permanent post provides an exciting opportunity for a well-qualified and innovative teacher to join our team. You will be joining a friendly, thriving and collaborative department, where pupil progress and outcomes are central and teaching and learning supports achievement for all. Furthermore, Science subjects are a popular A Level choice within our Sixth Form.
Cardinal Newman Catholic School is a very successful 11-18 Catholic school set in the pleasant outskirts of Coventry.
The successful candidate will:
• Have high expectations and a positive outlook
• Be an outstanding class practitioner
• Be focussed on maximising progress for every child through stretch and challenge
• Understand the importance of assessment, feedback and differentiation
• Support the ethos of Cardinal Newman Catholic School
What we can offer:
• A distinctive Catholic ethos that supports deep personal faith but also welcomes diversity and difference in beliefs and culture.
• A drive for success for all students
• A dedicated teaching and support staff that support students to achieve their maximum potential.
• High expectations that provide our young people with the opportunity to go onto universities as well as providing legitimate pathways into training, apprenticeships and other further education outlets.
• Continual professional development of all staff and opportunities for career development.
Completed application forms should be sent to Suzanne Harris, Headteacher’s PA
Closing date for applications: 9.00am on Wednesday 6 October 2021
Sandpits Lane, Coventry, CV6 2FR Tel: 024 76332382
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Coventry City Council