It’s great to know that you are interested in working with us at Coventry City Council. As a prospective employee, it is important that everyone who works for us is committed to our One Coventry values and shares our commitment to becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation.
Our Values are:
About the team we are recruiting to
We value diverse perspectives and experiences and are striving to create a workplace culture that is inclusive, is accepting of all and is free from discrimination and bias.
We have a simple vision and strategy that defines what we are trying to achieve, our purpose and our approach which underpin the principles of Adult Social Care, and we continue to work in support of this.
In a simple sense all our work, at whatever level should continue to support the strategy of: ‘Providing support, in the least intrusive manner possible, based on the assets, resources and abilities that are available to people’.
What is the job role?
At Younity Hub, we offer day opportunities for adults with learning Disabilities.
We are looking for warm, caring staff who are confident to run and plan meaningful activities inclusive for all in the local community. We work to maximise the opportunities, choices, and independence for all service users we support with a non-judgemental approach. Our goal is to provide a high standard of care for everyone who accesses the service promoting dignity, respect, and independence always.
Hours are 27.5 hrs per week Monday - Friday. Core hours for day opportunities services are between 8:30 - 15:30.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role we are looking for someone:
- Can achieve meaningful and memorable days for our service users this will include planning and running any activities.
- Ensuring all support needs are met throughout the day.
- Creating opportunity and choice with dignity and respect.
- Providing a safe environment where service users' rights and wishes are upheld and listened to.
- Promoting the physical, emotional, social, and intellectual well-being of the people we support empowering them to fulfil a meaningful life.
- Patience and persistence to find ways to communicate effectively with service users.
- A willingness to work in small groups and alone with service users.
- Be physically able to carry out assessed manual handling, including hoisting, and pushing wheelchairs.
- To meet the practical and personal care and support needs of individuals we support. This can range from dietary /nutritional to medication needs.
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
The interview will be held on 29th and 30th June 23 where you will complete a task, and meet our service users, followed by an interview. Interviews cannot be conducted over MS Teams
Coventry has a proud, innovative and creative spirit that throughout its history has seen communities come together to tackle problems and bring about real social change.
We are cutting-edge, challenging, youthful, vibrant and diverse.
At Coventry we are committed to excellence in everything we do. With around 4800 staff from a range of different backgrounds, our aim is to recruit and develop talented people who will focus on our customers, take responsibility, work together and find better ways of doing things.
To deliver the best services to our residents, we need the best people working for us to make a difference to our communities.
If you join us, we will provide a fantastic rewards and benefits package - to find out more please visit https://www.coventry.gov.uk/council-vacancies
Coventry City Council