About the team we are recruiting to
Due to continued buy in from Coventry schools, there is an exciting opportunity to join the Specialist Teaching team within the Social, Emotional, Mental Health and Learning Team (SEMH & L).
This is an opportunity to work in the well regarded SEMHL Team as part of Coventry SEND Support Service. The team are committed to securing good and outstanding SEN practice, supporting pupils, families, SENCos and all school staff to meet the increasingly diverse range of needs and competing challenges around SEMH & L.
What is the job role?
This role will involve providing peripatetic teaching support,training and advice to educational settings to enable children and young people with SEMH &L needs access to an inclusive education.
You will work within a team of very supportive and skilled colleagues and the role offers the successful candidate considerable professional development and the opportunity to work in a range of school settings with children, staff, parent,carers and other agencies.
Salary TMS/UPS + SEN 1 or 2 Allowance depending on experience and qualifications required to start Easter 2021.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Who are we looking for?
When writing your personal statement, you will need to cover all aspects of the person specification, with particular regard to the following:
- The ability to give practical advice to staff on the differentiation of the curriculum, positive behaviour management strategies and the promotion of well-being and good mental health with regard to children and young people with SEMH and L needs
- A commitment to working in partnership with pupils and parents: a sensitive, respectful approach and the desire to use pupil and parent voice to shape our service
- The ability to put others at ease, gain trust and build relationships in a short space of time
- A positive, can-do attitude; a calm, flexible approach and a willingness to see the best in people
- Include any qualifications that may help you in this role, for example a Level 7 dyslexia qualification, or the willingness to work towards a suitable qualification.
There are CPD opportunities for staff and a full induction programme will be provided. Further requirements and information are detailed within the person specification and job description - please see attachments.
As a Peripatetic Teacher, you will need to travel across the city to visit various schools.
For an informal discussion, you are most welcome to email Kathy Gardner, Team Lead , email@example.com
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
All attachments for the job can be found here
Interview date: week commencing 8th February 2021.
Introduction to Coventry City Council
Coventry is a lively, multicultural city, which embraces old and new. Around the modern city centre there are traces of history everywhere – in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street. But Coventry has always had an eye on the future, and is now firmly focused on regenerating and re-inventing itself to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. With major developments and new projects taking place right across the city, Coventry City Council is the place to be!
There's a huge buzz about the city – Coventry ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, and is the UK City of Culture 2021 ! We believe this will help put Coventry on the map for all the right reasons. You can feel the sense of local pride throughout the city as we build towards this momentous year. It also offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those joining us to play their part in it.
We genuinely believe that Coventry City Council is a special place. You will be joining Coventry City Council during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the city. We have made our council a place where we look after our people, making sure you're happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We've created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for the city of Coventry.
As a council with improvement at its heart, we’re committed to making life better for the people who live and work in Coventry. We’re equally concerned with the quality of life enjoyed by our people, so by joining us, you won’t just be helping the community, you’ll be helping yourself too.
Not only do you get to work alongside great people that are helping to improve services for our community we offer great benefits too! For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Pay progression through multiple increments
- Outstanding local government pension scheme
- Learning & Development with access to certified courses.
- Access to an award winning Occupational Health Team
- Vibrant employee networks
Coventry City Council