Senior IT Technician - Cardinal Newman Catholic School
What is the job role?
The governors of this popular, over-subscribed, Catholic school are seeking to appoint a Senior IT Technician To provide senior technical support to all users of the Schools ICT Systems and features through processing and coordinating appropriate and timely responses to user incidents and requests.
The successful candidate will join the school at an exciting time as we prepare for the development of a brand new school opening in September 2025.
The school has an excellent reputation, built on strong and longstanding relationships with the local community and beyond. In our recent Section 48 inspection (March 2022) the school was recognised as outstanding:
“Pupils know whom to go to if there is a problem, and they value the strong community spirit. They speak of solid relationships with their tutors and the extended community to which they belong, contributing to excellent behaviour.”
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will:
- Have a sound working knowledge of computer hardware and software applications.
- Knowledge of network configuration and systems.
- Knowledge of the day-to-day management of ICT systems and resources.
- Have the ability to liaise and communicate effectively by telephone or in person with staff, students and external contractors.
- Have the ability to organise and priorities workloads.
- Maintain recording systems
The following duties are neither exclusive nor exhausted and the post holder may be requested to carry out other appropriate duties required by the Headteacher or Governors.
Cardinal Newman School can offer:
- A well-motivated body of students.
- A friendly, enthusiastic and supportive staff.
- CPD programmes to support and develop teachers particularly for NQTs.
- A vibrant programme of extra-curricular activities, which broaden the experience of our students.
- A caring ethos with strong international links and a commitment to actively supporting global charity and fundraising projects.
Cardinal Newman is a highly successful 11-18 Catholic comprehensive school set in 37 acre grounds in the pleasant outskirts of Coventry. This is a fantastic opportunity to help lead the school and make a significant contribution to the future success of the school. We are located within easy access of all areas of Coventry and commutable from surrounding areas such as Birmingham, Solihull, Leamington Spa and Sutton Coldfield.
Further details about the post and an application pack are available from the school website. Previous applicants need not apply
Completed application forms should be sent to Genna Wheeler, Assistant Business Manager. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Thursday 21st September 2023 at 9.00am
Interview dates: Week commencing 25th September 2023.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy should we receive an overwhelming number of applications before the closing date.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.
Following recommendations from Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) for an additional pre employment check with effect 1 Sept 22, please note, an online search may form part of this recruitment process.
Coventry City Council