SEMH Primary Teacher - Woodfield School
What is the job role?
To start February 2024
Passionate about pupils with additional needs, passionate about supporting some of the most vulnerable pupils in education, resilient, sense of humour, approachable…these are all qualities we are looking for, join our team….
Woodfield Primary is located at our Stoneleigh Road site and is the primary provision of Woodfield all through SEMH School. Woodfield School currently provides specialist SEMH education across Coventry.
The Primary School caters for students from Yr1-Yr 6. We operate in class sizes of up to eight students supported by their class teacher and learning support staff. Students are grouped based on our new two-year rolling curriculum and there are ten different classes on site which comprise of Yr1&2, Yr3-4, Yr5-6.
You will be carrying out the duties of a teacher as set out in the most recent Teacher’s Pay & Conditions Document. Your aim is to be an effective teacher who challenges and supports all our children to do their best and
achieve their potential in the ethos of Woodfield Primary School. To do this you will have a passion for supporting young people with barriers to learning, excellent behaviour management, and a lot of patience.
If you are resilient and passionate about the social, emotional and mental well being of young people then we need to hear from you!
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a qualified teacher who:
• Can bring learning to life
• Has good knowledge of the EYFS – KS2 curriculum
• Has sound phonics knowledge
• Has excellent behaviour management
• Can communicate well and establish and maintain excellent professional working relationships with children, parents and staff
• Can work to published timescales for reports, publications and events, whilst adhering to published school policies and procedures
• Has a sound knowledge and understanding of children with additional needs, in particular, SEMH
• Understands, the importance of safeguarding within an educational setting
• Is flexible and offers engaging content in their lessons
• Has a sense of humour.
Please download the application pack and return completed direct to the school - firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 8th December 2023 at midday
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.
Following recommendations from Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) for an additional pre employment check with effect 1 Sept 22, please note, an online search may form part of this recruitment process.
Coventry City Council