Procurement and Commissioning Assistant
It’s great to know that you are interested in working with us at Coventry City Council. As a prospective employee, it is important that everyone who works for us is committed to our One Coventry values and shares our commitment to becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation.
Our Values are:
About the team we are recruiting to
The successful candidate will be joining the team at an exciting time. Procurement services are at the heart of the on-going economic and social development of the city and are involved with supporting plans for VLR and City Centre South development. Procurement are also integral to the improvement of services for Adults and Children's Social Care, Public Health and Homelessness strategies.
What is the job role?
Working to the Procurement Systems and Contracts Manager you will have responsibility for supporting the delivery of the Council's Corporate Procurement Strategy by providing advice and information on procurement and commissioning matters to procurement colleagues, procurement practitioners and service managers.
The role includes:
- The management of procurement systems, including: e-tendering - In-Tend, purchase-2-Pay - Business World, procurement cards
- Being the source of expertise on procurement systems and processes
- Developing, implementing and improving electronic procurement systems
- The monitoring, control and compliance of procurement processes
- Developing and monitoring the application of legislation and procurement policies and procedures reporting on exceptions and risk
- Training and dissemination of best practice throughout the authority to maximise corporate procurement effectiveness
- Supporting the Council’s governance framework through the preparation and analysis of reports for the Strategic Procurement Board and Category Panels
- Publication of transparency information for the Council’s website
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for applicants who are motivated and enjoy working as part of a flexible and dedicated team. Ideally, you will have some knowledge and understanding of the procurement cycle and associated procedures including the tendering process, but this is not essential as full training will be given.
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, strong IT skills and experience of collating data and creating reports are all fundamental to the role.
Having a desire to learn, an eye for detail and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation are key personal attributes.
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
Interview Date: 09/12/22 - to include practical tests
Coventry has a proud, innovative and creative spirit that throughout its history has seen communities come together to tackle problems and bring about real social change.
We are cutting-edge, challenging, youthful, vibrant and diverse.
At Coventry we are committed to excellence in everything we do. With around 4800 staff from a range of different backgrounds, our aim is to recruit and develop talented people who will focus on our customers, take responsibility, work together and find better ways of doing things.
To deliver the best services to our residents, we need the best people working for us to make a difference to our communities.
If you join us, we will provide a fantastic rewards & benefits package which includes:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Pay progression through multiple increments
- Opportunity for Salary Match
- An outstanding local government pension scheme
- Great opportunities to develop with access to accredited courses.
- Access to an award-winning Occupational Health Service
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme
Coventry City Council