Principal - Saint Patrick's Catholic Primary School
What is the job role?
Following the success of the current Principal, who has been appointed to the role of Headteacher at St Modwen’s Catholic Primary School Burton-upon-Trent, the Board of Directors in partnership with the Academy Committee, seek an innovative and vibrant leader who will embrace and enjoy all that has been achieved at Saint Patrick’s. We are looking for a Principal, who will ensure that in a fast-changing educational landscape, the school continues to develop a reputation as a ‘beacon of excellence for Catholic Education.’
This is an exciting time to lead our school, as Saint Patrick’s has been on an upward trajectory of school improvement. As the 21st Century evolves, envisioning what Catholic schools will look like in the future requires openness and imagination. We are looking for a Principal to play their full and effective part in the educational provision of that future, through a Christ-centred Servant Leadership approach.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a practising Catholic
- Be able to deepen and strengthen the ethos and purpose of Catholic education; assisting in the Church’s universal mission and helping to serve the needs of the shared Parish alongside SS Peter and Paul Catholic Primary and Cardinal Wiseman Secondary (all three share Saint Patrick’s Church parish links)
- Have a proven record of successful leadership in improving provision and outcomes for pupils
- Have a secure understanding of school improvement including the importance of system leadership
- Be resilient and an individual who enjoys a positive wellbeing and health
- Have a clear understanding and knowledge of how to create and improve opportunities for all pupils, including the most vulnerable, to achieve their vocation by ensuring highest quality education and enrichment
- Assist parents in the education of their children, especially in their journey of faith, inspiring pupils to be of service to society
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to raise the profile of the school within the wider community as part of the Romero MAC and the Coventry Catholic Schools’ Partnership across the city
Directors and Academy Representatives can offer:
- A community of faith where all pupils are valued and cared for
- Pupils who are inspired by ‘Jesus to love, grow and succeed’ in all that they do (Mission Statement).
- A leadership team committed to securing the best for all pupils
- A dedicated and hardworking team of staff who are ambitious for all pupils, securing continual improvement in a changing educational landscape
- A supportive Academy Committee, an experienced Catholic Senior Executive Leader and Committee of Principals who will support, guide and assist you to improve the quality of educational provision at Saint Patrick’s School
- Centralised MAC operations, with a skilled team providing much-valued support to our schools to enable our school leaders to focus on their core purpose of teaching and learning
- Opportunities of personal and professional development with a bespoke training and development programme in partnership with the Diocese, local providers and Teaching schools
Potential applicants are invited to meet with Mrs Quinn, Catholic Senior Executive Leader and/or visit the school before or after school in a limited tour (subject to social distancing measures) to find out more. Please contact Christina O’Neill, Executive Assistant telephone 02476 451888 extension 425 to arrange a mutually convenient time or c.o’email@example.com via email.
Support for Senior leaders
Saint Patrick’s is a wonderful one-form entry school, full of motivated and happy children in the North East of Coventry. Set in beautiful grounds with the Parish in close proximity, taking up the post of Principal at Saint Patrick’s is an opportunity for an aspiring leader to work in collaboration with an enthusiastic team of staff and pupils in partnership with schools across the Multi-Academy Company. The school is overdue an Ofsted inspection from March 2020 but we propose to fully support a new leader coming into post.
If the successful candidate is not currently a Principal/ Headteacher and they are progressing from a Senior leadership position as an Assistant Vice Principal/ Headteacher or Vice Principal/ Deputy Headteacher role, high quality support will be provided during the Summer term of 2021 from Mrs Dee Williams, Interim Executive Principal.
Due to the impending Ofsted Inspection (as the school is currently judged as ‘Requiring Improvement’) we want to ensure the successful candidate is fully supported through their first term. The offer of an Executive Principal is part of our induction package to ensure the Principal has a supportive start to their career. The Executive Principal role will be withdrawn when appropriate.
If the successful candidate is an existing Principal, then appropriate support will be tailored for their needs according to experience through our usual Principal Induction programme.
- Applications close: Thursday 21st January 2021 at 12pm
- Shortlisting: Friday 22nd January 2021
- Interviews: Day 1 Tuesday 26th January 2021 and Day 2 Friday 29th January 2021
We look forward to hearing from you and to meeting you.
Full Details and how to apply can be found using the link below:
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to criminal record checks from the Disclosure and Barring Service and requires you to disclose details of unspent and unfiltered reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in any application.
Coventry City Council