Learning and Development Administration Assistant
It’s great to know that you are interested in working with us at Coventry City Council. As a prospective employee, it is important that everyone who works for us is committed to our One Coventry values and shares our commitment to becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation.
Our Values are:
About the team we are recruiting to
We value diverse perspectives and experiences and are striving to create a workplace culture that is inclusive, is accepting of all and is free from discrimination and bias.
Children’s Services is a service area within Coventry City Council that supports children and families across the city. The Children’s Services Improvement Team work closely with the Children’s Services Senior Leadership Team to drive and deliver the strategic priorities of the services to continually improve and provide better outcomes for children.
What is the job role?
We are seeking to appoint a Children’s Services Learning and Development Administration Assistant to join a fast paced, dynamic team whose role it is to support the Children’s Services Principal Social Worker and Improvement Manager in the delivery of training and development for Children’s Services staff and Foster Carers. This role is part time 30 hours.
- Be responsible for supporting the development, implementation, and monitoring of learning and development activities for Children’s Services and Foster Carers
- You will manage course bookings, attendance and update records and run reports
- Provide customer support and guidance to internal and external customers, trainers, and any other stakeholders.
- You will be required to play an active role within the Children’s Services Improvement Team working closely with colleagues to support the needs of Children’s Services
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role we are looking for people who:
- Have experience of co-ordinating and supporting the delivery of training programmes within a service area or larger organisation.
- Have experience of using IT systems, spreadsheets and other window-based packages for recording and monitoring records
- Have experience of working in a training learning and development environment including working with commissioned services and providers
- Able to work on own initiative working under pressure, and be flexible to change
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
Interview dates: 6th April 2023
Coventry has a proud, innovative and creative spirit that throughout its history has seen communities come together to tackle problems and bring about real social change.
We are cutting-edge, challenging, youthful, vibrant and diverse.
At Coventry we are committed to excellence in everything we do. With around 4800 staff from a range of different backgrounds, our aim is to recruit and develop talented people who will focus on our customers, take responsibility, work together and find better ways of doing things.
To deliver the best services to our residents, we need the best people working for us to make a difference to our communities.
If you join us, we will provide a fantastic rewards and benefits package - to find out more please visit https://www.coventry.gov.uk/council-vacancies
Coventry City Council