Learning Support Assistant - SEN Support
What is the job role?
Earlsdon Primary School is a friendly, successful two form entry school with polite, friendly, hardworking children and a supportive staff team. We are seeking a competent, compassionate and caring Learning Support Assistant with experience of SEN in a Primary setting, to support a child/children with additional learning and behavioural needs, specifically ASD.
This role is tied to specific funding and will therefore be Fixed Term to 31/3/25 in the first instance.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will be:
- qualified to Level 3 standard
- experienced and confident
- fully knowledgeable of relevant policies/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation
- knowledgeable of national curriculum and other relevant learning programmes
- understanding of the principles of child development and learning processes and in particular, barriers to learning
- Fully understanding and knowledgeable of the range of support services and providers
Experience of working with children with general/specific special educational needs, both on a one-to-one basis and in small groups, is essential. A qualification in First Aid or willingness to train is desirable.
Applications to be emailed to Miss S Sperring, School Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted online.
Candidates who have not been contacted by the interview date will not have been shortlisted. Previous candidates need not reapply.
We welcome visits to the school, please telephone for an appointment.
Closing date: 21st February 2024
Interview W/C 26th February 2024
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.
Following recommendations from Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) for an additional pre employment check with effect 1 Sept 22, please note, an online search may form part of this recruitment process.
Coventry City Council