Lead Performance Analyst
It’s great to know that you are interested in working with us at Coventry City Council. As a prospective employee, it is important that everyone who works for us is committed to our One Coventry values and shares our commitment to becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation.
Our Values are:
About the team we are recruiting to
The Insight Team's role is to question, influence and provide understanding to make life better in Coventry.
The Insight Team collects, analyses, interprets and publishes a wide range of insights about the city, and engages with residents, communities and partners to champion a culture of evidence-based decision-making across Coventry.
Activities undertaken by the Insight team include:
- Business intelligence
- Customer and location intelligence
- Engagement and consultation support
- Evaluative research
- Performance management
- Partnership working
- Providing advice and guidance on equalities and diversity issues and ensuring the Council discharges its Public Sector Equality Duty
Areas of work supported by the Insight team include:
- Children's services
- Compliments, comments and complaints
- Customer services
- Geographical information systems
- Growth and prosperity
- Housing and homelessness
- Local land and property gazetteer
- Population health management
- Social care
What is the job role?
We are looking for a Lead Analyst to for a period of 12 months to support the Coventry Family Valued Programme within Children’s Services. The service has secured a grant from the Government’s Strengthening Families, Protecting Children Programme – a relationship-based method in working with Children and Families. You will work within the Insight (Social Care) team and your focus will be to support and develop key performance indicators for the programme. The Insight (Social Care) team is a very busy, innovative, forward thinking team. We are working together with Children’s Services to bring about positive change in the lives of children in the city.
Your role will be to
- Deliver insight, analysis and intelligence to drive change, ensuring that this is supported by robust quantitative and/or qualitative data.
- Extract data from the client-based recording system and build reports to measure performance indicators to measure the success of the Family Valued programme
- Build and develop various dashboards using PowerBI and reports utilising SSRS and SQL, extracting data from data-warehouses.
- Utilise techniques in statistical analysis and modelling and /or qualitative research methodologies
- Working together with Children’s Services to understand trends, service needs and opportunities
- Develop timely, robust and relevant understanding of key issues, providing interpretation on the strength of existing evidence
The Insight Team champions a culture of better decisions through evidence and engagement across the city and the Council. We utilise our unique position of having oversight of the interdependencies and impact of multiple changes to influence important decisions for the city and its citizens.
Who are we looking for?
You’ll have excellent analytical and numeracy skills and the ability to write clearly and communicate complex data to different audiences using a variety of techniques.
You’ll also be an excellent communicator, able to explain and present complex data to a wide range of audiences, working together with the service area and partner organisations to promote a performance and data culture including self- service usage of dashboards, as well as having excellent team working skills.
You will have experience in SQL, SSRS and creating and developing PowerBI dashboards.
You will have a proven ability to manage various projects at the same time, working with others to achieve successful outcomes, with high levels of expectation to deliver to tight timescales.
When applying for this role you will be asked to write a personal statement, please include the following information in your statement:
- Knowledge and understanding of the use of qualitative and quantitative research methods and data analysis;
- Your excellent ICT Skills to extract, report and present data
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
Previous candidates need not apply.
Interview date(s): 20th October 2022
Coventry has a proud, innovative and creative spirit that throughout its history has seen communities come together to tackle problems and bring about real social change.
We are cutting-edge, challenging, youthful, vibrant and diverse.
At Coventry we are committed to excellence in everything we do. With around 4800 staff from a range of different backgrounds, our aim is to recruit and develop talented people who will focus on our customers, take responsibility, work together and find better ways of doing things.
To deliver the best services to our residents, we need the best people working for us to make a difference to our communities.
If you join us, we will provide a fantastic rewards & benefits package which includes:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Pay progression through multiple increments
- Opportunity for Salary Match
- An outstanding local government pension scheme
- Great opportunities to develop with access to accredited courses.
- Access to an award-winning Occupational Health Service
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme
Coventry City Council