Laundry Domestic Assistant (casual)
It’s great to know that you are interested in working with us at Coventry City Council. As a prospective employee, it is important that everyone who works for us is committed to our One Coventry values and shares our commitment to becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation.
Our Values are:
About the team we are recruiting to
We value diverse perspectives and experiences and are striving to create a workplace culture that is inclusive, is accepting of all and is free from discrimination and bias.
We have a simple vision and strategy that defines what we are trying to achieve, our purpose and our approach which underpin the principles of Adult Social Care, and we continue to work in support of this.
In a simple sense all our work, at whatever level should continue to support the strategy of: ‘Providing support, in the least intrusive manner possible, based on the assets, resources and abilities that are available to people’.
What is the job role?
- Ensure tenants' personal laundry, linen, etc. is maintained to a high standard and reflects the quality standards of the establishment.
- Cleaning Tenants Flats
- Be part of a team providing support and rehabilitation to tenants
- Have regard for all Health and Safety Regulations
All positions are casual working as and when required. You will need to be available between 9.00 am – 3.00 pm on weekdays.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Who are we looking for?
- You will require good oral and written skills in communicating with a variety of people
- You should have an awareness/knowledge of Health & Safety procedures.
- You will be required to work alone and prioritise your workload
- You will be required to attend relevant training where necessary
- Flexibility to carry out the duties of the role, along with reliability to be able to attend work consistently and regularly, are key requirements of this role.
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
Interview date: 23rd June 2023 The interview will include a practical assessment within the unit interviews cannot be done over MS Teams.
Coventry has a proud, innovative and creative spirit that throughout its history has seen communities come together to tackle problems and bring about real social change.
We are cutting-edge, challenging, youthful, vibrant and diverse.
At Coventry we are committed to excellence in everything we do. With around 4800 staff from a range of different backgrounds, our aim is to recruit and develop talented people who will focus on our customers, take responsibility, work together and find better ways of doing things.
To deliver the best services to our residents, we need the best people working for us to make a difference to our communities.
If you join us, we will provide a fantastic rewards and benefits package - to find out more please visit https://www.coventry.gov.uk/council-vacancies
Coventry City Council