ICT Operational Delivery Manager
About the team we are recruiting to
Coventry City Council’s ICT & Digital service is a busy, vibrant and innovative service responsible for delivering key enabling and transformational services for the wider organisation, city and external partners.
In a nutshell we provide the organisation with the digital technology, be that laptops or systems, to enable people to do their jobs in a modern and efficient way. We support over 5500 corporate users and their PC’s, roughly 400 servers (the machines that run our corporate systems), roughly 300 systems and all the relevant infrastructure components that make all the above work and remain secure. In addition to this we offer ICT support services to a significant number of school staff.
Our work spreads beyond the Council and to the wider City and region through our Digital Coventry strategy. This is a strategy which looks outside of the organisation and to how Digital technology and innovation promotes Coventry as a place to live, learn, work, innovate and do business. This strategy is directly linked with the Council Plan and supports many of the vision statements aligned with “Globally connected”, “Locally committed” and “Delivering our priorities”.
If you think Digital and local government might be a bit “old school”, think again. Innovation is at the heart of everything we do and, as a service, we are currently working on programmes of activity which include 5G, Artificial Intelligence, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, ChatBots, Process Automation, Connected Autonomous Vehicles…..the list goes on.
We are part of the national LocalGov Digital movement that has the aim to aid the delivery of better, cheaper local services by councils across the country, through the re-design of services around the capabilities the internet and digital technology provide.
What is the job role?
Do you have a track record of Operational Delivery within a diverse operational ICT team? Are you a strong leader who can motivate people & communicate well? Are you able to get the most out of people in order to deliver ICT & Digital Services?
We are recruiting for an enthusiastic individual with a pro-active mindset to work alongside experienced operational technical staff in an agile environment to deliver IT services to citizens, corporate users, schools, libraries & adult education.
In this role you will manage the day to day operational delivery of ICT services as well as being the primary point of contact for the business and working with strategic partners and suppliers to ensure a seamless service delivery.
- Being primary escalation point
- Working closely with Strategic Deliver Managers & Service Desk to ensure quality customer experience.
- Working on a mixture of BAU & project workstreams to provide robust service delivery & excellent customer journey.
- Communication with regard to live service issues with operations, customers & project teams.
Who are we looking for?
You will have:
- Organised approach with attention to detail
- Extensive working knowledge of technologies in use- eg MS Teams, Office 365.
- In-depth knowledge of ICT Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements.
- Ability to lead project/ major incident teams in a matrix managed environment handling both technical detail & stakeholder management aspects.
- Strong customer service, teamwork and communication skills
- Enthusiasm, creativity & curiosity
- A flexible and creative working environment, with access to remote working.
- Empowerment to get on with the job and bring your ideas to fruition
- Being part of a multidiscipline ICT & Digital team
- A supportive learning environment that values different perspectives
- A commitment to innovation and change
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Jas Sandu - ICT Operational Lead - email@example.com
Previous applicants for this role in the last 12 months need not apply.
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
All attachments for the job can be found here
Introduction to Coventry City Council
Coventry is a lively, multicultural city, which embraces old and new. Around the modern city centre there are traces of history everywhere – in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street. But Coventry has always had an eye on the future, and is now firmly focused on regenerating and re-inventing itself to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. With major developments and new projects taking place right across the city, Coventry City Council is the place to be!
There's a huge buzz about the city – Coventry ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, and is the UK City of Culture 2021 ! We believe this will help put Coventry on the map for all the right reasons. You can feel the sense of local pride throughout the city as we build towards this momentous year. It also offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those joining us to play their part in it.
We genuinely believe that Coventry City Council is a special place. You will be joining Coventry City Council during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the city. We have made our council a place where we look after our people, making sure you're happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We've created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for the city of Coventry.
As a council with improvement at its heart, we’re committed to making life better for the people who live and work in Coventry. We’re equally concerned with the quality of life enjoyed by our people, so by joining us, you won’t just be helping the community, you’ll be helping yourself too.
Not only do you get to work alongside great people that are helping to improve services for our community we offer great benefits too! For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Pay progression through multiple increments
- Outstanding local government pension scheme
- Learning & Development with access to certified courses.
- Access to an award winning Occupational Health Team
- Vibrant employee networks
Coventry City Council