About the team we are recruiting to
Adult Social Care is part of the People Directorate within Coventry City Council. We have a simple vision and strategy that defines what we are trying to achieve, our purpose and our approach which underpin the principles of Adult Social Care, and we continue to work in support of this.
In a simple sense all our work, at whatever level should continue to support the strategy of: ‘Providing support, in the least intrusive manner possible, based on the assets, resources and abilities that are available to people’.
Adult Social Care encompasses a wide range of vital services covering;
- Social Work Services - we work with individuals who have care and support needs, and with their carers be they older or younger adults
- Occupational Therapy and Equipment Services - we aim to enhance people’s ability to live safely and independently in their home
- Internally Provided Services – we provide direct support to people enabling those in most need to live independent and fulfilled lives
- Business Systems and Continuous Improvement - we provide a range of services including Financial Assessments, provider payment processing and Business Systems administration. The Business Systems team provide support to Adult Social Care, Children’s Services and Education Services.
This is an exciting time to join us as we work to put adults and their carers at the heart of everything we do. Specifically, if you are social workers, occupational therapists or social care professionals who are committed to achieving the best outcomes for adults and their carers we will help you make a difference through manageable caseloads, high-quality professional support, supervision and guidance and excellent learning and development opportunities
What is the job role?
We have 2 positions available
Eric Williams House team are highly motivated and compassionate about Dementia Care. We as a team are committed to delivering high standards of care to our residents and ensure decisions around service delivery provides the best possible outcomes for residents. We work within a highly respected service embracing the ‘Butterfly homes model’.
As well as providing long term beds, we are also really focused on helping and enabling people to go home at the end of their re-enablement period and we’re seeking someone who is passionate about promoting the health and well being of all residents.
Eric Williams House is a residential home for people with Dementia with both long and short-term beds.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Cleaning Residents Room
- Cleaning communal area
- Recording and Documenting
- Supporting with stock control
- Have regard for all Health and Safety Regulations and Infection Control
This position is part-time 25 hours a week. You will need to be available between 9.00am – 3.00 pm 4 days a week, working weekdays and every other weekend.
Laundry Domestic Assistants in our Housing with Care team.
(This is a city wide contract - based at Cottage Farm Lodge)
The role will involve:
- Ensure tenants' personal laundry, linen, etc. is maintained to a high standard
- Cleaning Tenants Flats
- Working within a team to provide a high-quality service
- Provide a laundry service to a diverse group of people within their own home
You will require good oral and written skills in communicating with a variety of people and will be required to work alone and prioritise your workload.
The ideal candidate will have some experience of working in a home environment, have some knowledge of Health and Safety practices, and be willing to undertake any other training applicable to this role.
This position is part-time 22.5 hours a week.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Who are we looking for?
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- good oral and written skills in communicating with a variety of people
- an awareness/knowledge of Health & Safety procedures.
- to work alone and prioritise your workload
- to attend relevant training where necessary.
- Awareness that residents have rights and to respect those rights.
- Able to organise time and prioritise workload.
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions for machinery and cleaning materials.
- Ability to offer practical help/support to residents and carers.
- Able to follow instructions, both written and verbal.
- Able to bend and stretch in order to clean.
- Able to work with others as a reliable part of a team.
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
All attachments for the job can be found here
Interview date: 28th January
Introduction to Coventry City Council
Coventry is a lively, multicultural city, which embraces old and new. Around the modern city centre there are traces of history everywhere – in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street. But Coventry has always had an eye on the future, and is now firmly focused on regenerating and re-inventing itself to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. With major developments and new projects taking place right across the city, Coventry City Council is the place to be!
There's a huge buzz about the city – Coventry ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, and is the UK City of Culture 2021 ! We believe this will help put Coventry on the map for all the right reasons. You can feel the sense of local pride throughout the city as we build towards this momentous year. It also offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those joining us to play their part in it.
We genuinely believe that Coventry City Council is a special place. You will be joining Coventry City Council during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the city. We have made our council a place where we look after our people, making sure you're happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We've created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for the city of Coventry.
As a Council with improvement at its heart, we’re committed to making life better for the people who live and work in Coventry. We’re equally concerned with the quality of life enjoyed by our people, so by joining us, you won’t just be helping the community, you’ll be helping yourself too.
Not only do you get to work alongside great people that are helping to improve services for our community we offer great benefits too! For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Pay progression through multiple increments
- Outstanding local government pension scheme
- Learning & Development with access to certified courses.
- Access to an award winning Occupational Health Team
- Vibrant employee networks
Coventry City Council