Digital Champion (IT Digital Support Technician Apprentice) - Edgewick Primary School
What is the job role?
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed member of staff to join our team here at Edgewick Primary School. We are looking for a confident and talented individual who want to be a part of a digital transformation in a school environment by supporting the training of teachers and evangelising the use of educational technology for the betterment of teaching and learning.
The successful candidates will be embarking on a Level 3 Digital Support Technician Apprenticeship programme with Primary Goal as the training provider, in partnership with Microsoft.
We are looking for someone who:
- Works independently and takes responsibility maintains productive and professional working environment with secure working practices
- Has a passion for new and emerging technologies to improve learning
- Uses their own initiative when implementing digital technologies and when finding solutions
- Is resilient and positive mental attitude when dealing with difficult situations
- Maintains thorough and organised approach to work when working with digital technologies and prioritising as appropriate
As a Primary Goal apprentice, you will have access to:
- Comprehensive pre-apprenticeship induction programme (including health and safety and technical specifics)
- Level 3 Digital Application Technician apprenticeship standard with 15 half-day training sessions
- e-learning training materials
- Specialist vendor and technical certificates
- Access to practice labs to develop technical competency
- Knowledge Base
- Monthly assessor visits and competency checks
- Support desk (technical and pastoral)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Key Skills development
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities module
37 hours per week
39 weeks term time only
23 months Apprenticeship programme
Further details and how to apply can be found at:
Closing date: 4th January 2022
Interview date: To be confirmed
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Coventry City Council