Community Case Worker
It’s great to know that you are interested in working with us at Coventry City Council. As a prospective employee, it is important that everyone who works for us is committed to our One Coventry values and shares our commitment to becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation.
Our Values are:
About the team we are recruiting to
Adult Social Care is part of the People Directorate within Coventry City Council. We have a simple vision and strategy that defines what we are trying to achieve, our purpose and our approach which underpin the principles of Adult Social Care, and we continue to work in support of this.
In a simple sense all our work, at whatever level should continue to support the strategy of: ‘Providing support, in the least intrusive manner possible, based on the assets, resources and abilities that are available to people’.
Adult Social Care encompasses a wide range of vital services covering;
- Commissioning Team – we commission and work with a number of providers, to ensure that people with care needs have access to a range of good quality support to enable them to live independent and fulfilling lives
- Social Work Services - we work with individuals who have care and support needs, and with their carers be they older or younger adults
- Occupational Therapy and Equipment Services - we aim to enhance people’s ability to live safely and independently in their home
- Internally Provided Services – we provide direct support to people enabling those in most need to live independent and fulfilled lives
- Business Systems and Continuous Improvement - we provide a range of services including Financial Assessments, provider payment processing and Business Systems administration. The Business Systems team provide support to Adult Social Care, Children’s Services and Education Services.
This is an exciting time to join us as we work to put adults and their carers at the heart of everything we do. Specifically, if you are social workers, occupational therapists or social care professionals who are committed to achieving the best outcomes for adults and their carers we will help you make a difference through manageable caseloads, high-quality professional support, supervision and guidance and excellent learning and development opportunities
What is the job role?
Following the exciting development of the Integrated Community Discharge Team incorporating Therapy, Brokerage, Equipment Services and Hospital Social Work we have a Community Case Worker vacancy within the team.
The service will operate across 7 days, Monday – Friday 8.00am – 8.00 pm and Weekends 8.00am – 4.00 pm for which a shift allowance of 10% is paid.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a multi disciplinary team at the start of its journey, so if you want to be right at the heart of its development, working in a team that shares the same passion, purpose and goals this the role for you.
We are seeking a Community Case Worker willing to embrace our ‘One Coventry’ values to join our Adult Social Care Teams in Coventry in a brand new post in the Community Discharge Team.
Coventry is a modern, growing, culturally and ethnically diverse City. The City has a worldwide reputation for Peace and Reconciliation. We are at the heart of the busy and industrial Midlands and yet surrounded by beautiful rural Warwickshire which is minutes away. Being well served by extensive road a rail networks, Coventry is easily accessed from most parts of the Country.
We have 2 Community Case Worker posts within our Community Discharge team. You will be supporting the safe and timely discharge of people in hospital who have a wide range of social care issues. There is a real emphasis on promoting and maintaining independence.
You will work closely with service users, carers and other professionals to provide an appropriate assessment and case management service to professionally accepted standards.
You will have basic knowledge of relevant legislation and policy relating to Care Act 2014, Mental Capacity Act 2005, Safeguarding Adults and Children and GDPR.
The teams promote a strength-based approach and engage in multi-agency working working closely with partner agencies across the City.
Keen to join the team? If you feel you fit the criteria apply today! To find out further information and for an informal discussion please contact Thomas Quick – email@example.com or 02476 965600
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for people with a passion for promoting independence and making the principles of the Care Act 2014, a reality for the people of Coventry.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in assessment and case management work with ideally, older people, people with a physical disability, people with a learning disability or other adult service users.
- Ideally, have experience in recording and record-keeping procedures.
- Experience in team membership and participation.
- Experience working with a range of service user groups either in a personal or professional capacity.
- Have very good organisational skills.
When applying for this role you will be asked to write a personal statement, please include the following information in your statement. Applications will be shortlisted against these points:
- Knowledge of relevant legislation which includes, Care Act 2014 & The Mental capacity Act
- Demonstrated excellent written skills
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Able to develop effective working relationships with service users
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
Interview date(s): 13th and 14th December 2022
Coventry has a proud, innovative and creative spirit that throughout its history has seen communities come together to tackle problems and bring about real social change.
We are cutting-edge, challenging, youthful, vibrant and diverse.
At Coventry we are committed to excellence in everything we do. With around 4800 staff from a range of different backgrounds, our aim is to recruit and develop talented people who will focus on our customers, take responsibility, work together and find better ways of doing things.
To deliver the best services to our residents, we need the best people working for us to make a difference to our communities.
If you join us, we will provide a fantastic rewards & benefits package which includes:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Pay progression through multiple increments
- Opportunity for Salary Match
- An outstanding local government pension scheme
- Great opportunities to develop with access to accredited courses.
- Access to an award-winning Occupational Health Service
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme
Coventry City Council