Class Teacher - Sherbourne Fields School
What is the job role?
Start date: April or September 2024 depending on current career status
Sherbourne Fields is an Outstanding all aged Special School catering for pupils with a broad spectrum of special educational needs. With the school at maximum capacity (255 pupils), we are looking to recruit an exceptional Class Teacher to teach in our Primary or Secondary departments.
Applications are welcome from teachers with experience in Primary, Secondary, Mainstream and Special Schools; as well as NQT’s and those completing their Teacher Training in July 2024.
(Ofsted - Outstanding 2011/2012, 2013/2014, and 2018/2019)
‘Consistently high quality teaching means that pupils make exceptional progress both academically and socially’
This is an excellent opportunity for you to become part of an ‘Outstanding’ School where you will receive ongoing professional development opportunities and support within a unique environment. You will work alongside a dedicated team of staff to ensure the best possible outcomes for our children and young people.
Here at Sherbourne Fields we offer:
• A safe, caring environment where respect and consideration is taught, established and valued by all
• An environment full of passionate, friendly, dedicated and highly trained staff - committed to doing their best for our children and young people every single day
• A commitment to training and staff development with a plethora of opportunities for career development
• Supportive governors and parents
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a creative, inspirational, enthusiastic and imaginative Class Teacher, who can teach a broad range of pupils with a broad range of special needs across our school. We want to ensure we support our pupils with teachers who can think outside of the box; teachers that excite and empower our pupils and teachers that bring every classroom environment to life.
The ideal Candidate will:
• Have the ability and enthusiasm to create a positive learning environment
• Love encouraging, motivating and inspiring children and young people
• Be committed to our ethos of ‘raising aspiration, access and achievement for all’
• Be able to bring the classroom to life and instil curiosity and a desire to learn
• Be energetic, committed and passionate about their chosen career
To ensure you excel in your environment, your skillset will determine where you are best placed within our school - this could be within our Primary or Secondary department.
Please apply using the online application form ensuring you outline your skills, abilities, and experience in line with the key areas on the advert and Job Description and Person Specification.
Or you can download the application pack and return completed direct to the school.
Please send your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 19th February 2024
Interview date: TBC
Following recommendations from Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) for an additional pre employment check with effect 1 Sept 22, please note, an online search may form part of this recruitment process.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.
Coventry City Council