Care Support Worker
What is the job role?
We are currently working with our partner organisation Carers Trust, Heart Of England to recruit Care Support Workers to join their Coventry Team.
Carers Trust Practical Support Services provide help, assistance and support to enable people to live as independently as possible in their own home. You will provide support to carers and people with care needs including emotional support. Provide personal care and carry out domestic tasks.
Your role as a Care Support Worker you will assist people in their own homes with daily living tasks, provide befriending services, assist people recovering from an illness or after discharge from hospital, offer shopping and domestic support and enable family carers to have some much-needed respite time whilst you care for the person they look after with care needs.
Duties to include
- To assist with personal hygiene, for example helping the person with care needs to have a bath or shower, to go to the toilet or to care for their skin or hair.
- To assist with dressing / undressing, choice of clothes and personal appearance.
- To support the person with care needs with their medication.
- To assist with mobility including use of wheelchairs, hoists etc
- To assist with a therapeutic programme designed by a medical professional.
- To provide emotional support, companionship and a safe environment for those in need of supervision and help.
- To carry out basic first aid and summon emergency services.
- To report any concerns about abuse or the welfare or safety of any adult or child there is contact with at work to a line manager / nominated person / person on call.
- To undertake specialised tasks as agreed and after appropriate training, for example, administration of medication by specialised techniques, toe nail care and assistance with oxygen therapy.
- To support the person with care needs with activities outside their home, for example community activities, shopping or attending medical appointments.
- To provide support with organised group activities for people with care needs.
- To prepare meals and drinks and provide assistance with eating / drinking.
- To help clean the home for example: washing up, vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom and doing laundry.
- To look after pets.
Your role as a Care Support Worker will encompass being a car driver and being able to assist people in their own homes with daily living tasks, provide befriending services, assisting people recovering from an illness or after discharge from hospital. Offer shopping and domestic support and enable family carers to have some much-needed respite time whilst you care for the person they look after with care needs.
Who are we looking for?
We welcome all applications from full and part time applicants as we have a varied shifts that we can offer.
We are particularly looking for drivers and to cover the surrounding areas of Earlsdon, Whoberley, Tile Hill and Canley and cover shifts of 7 am - 11 am, 4.30 pm - 10.00 pm and weekends.
In return we offer:
- We pay 25p per mile plus travel time
- Pension contribution
- Four Weeks plus Bank Holidays
- Ongoing training
- A role that offers further career opportunities and qualifications
- Mobile phone
Coventry City Council