Care Enabler - Castle Wood School
What is the job role?
Castle Wood School is seeking 2 Grade 3 Care Enablers to work 9.15 am to 2.45 pm Monday to Friday.
Personal care enablers are appointed to promote children’s welfare over the whole age range as part of a team under the general direction of the Class Teacher. The general duties will be to assist pupils with their day-to-day personal care needs, physical, personal independence skills and alongside other staff team members and professionals support the delivery of communication and cognition for pupils.
Main duties include:
• Assisting pupils in implementing personal care programmes during the school day, specifically in relation to practical support for:
• personal hygiene
• toileting and continence training
• eating and drinking
• Supporting delivery of teaching and learning for communication and cognition.
• Provide practical assistance in relation to other identified physical needs e.g. toileting, dressing, grooming and meal times.
• Provide personal assistance to identified pupils in physical/practical activities e.g. physical education, cookery, school visits, therapeutic treatments organised by the school etc
• Keeping records related to personal care in conjunction with the school procedures.
• Maintenance and cleaning of personal care equipment and materials, clothing etc. Maintenance of toiletry supplies.
The successful candidate will have a positive attitude, work well under direction, and be a team player. You will also be adaptable and enthusiastic with a positive attitude.
In addition, you will have:
• Understanding and experience of implementing basic care tasks, i.e. bathing, toileting, feeding and care.
• The ability to communicate clearly and in a variety of forms with a range of pupils and adults
• The ability to work as a member of a team and foster positive relationships with a range of other professionals
• The ability to accept supervision and respond to instructions, guidance and feedback from others
• Commitment to maintain confidentiality on all school matters
• Self-motivation and personal drive to complete tasks to the required timescales and quality standards
• The ability to manage sensitively the personal care of pupils
• Previous experience in a care enabler role or similar role is preferred
• Educational NVQ1 Care or working towards this qualification is desirable
Application forms and relevant documents are available to be downloaded below.
Please return completed forms to Sandra Docherty email@example.com
Please note that if you are not contacted by this date then your application will have been unsuccessful in this instance. Previous applicants need not reapply.
Closing date: Thursday 8th December 2022
Interview date: W/c Monday 12th December 2022
Any offer of employment to the above post will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Who are we looking for?
Following recommendations from Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) for an additional pre employment check with effect 1 Sept 22, please note, an online search may form part of this recruitment process.
Coventry City Council