It’s great to know that you are interested in working with us at Coventry City Council. As a prospective employee, it is important that everyone who works for us is committed to our One Coventry values and shares our commitment to becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation.
Our Values are:
About the team we are recruiting to
We value diverse perspectives and experiences and are striving to create a workplace culture that is inclusive, is accepting of all and is free from discrimination and bias.
Building Cleaning Team is responsible for ensuring that all Council properties are clean and fit for occupation and securing a high level of occupant satisfaction.
What is the job role?
We have an exciting opportunity within the building cleaning team for an Area coordinator ( 30 hours).
You will support the Operations supervisor / Operations Manager in the supervising of a large team of cleaners based in numerous sites within the City and City centre.
You will be expected to develop good working relationships with our team of cleaners and colleagues but also with our business managers ensuring that the service we deliver is one of excellence.
Who are we looking for?
- A great knowledge of all cleaning practises, and use of cleaning equipment to ensure optimum standards.
- Experience of managing staff and delivering training courses.
- Be able to work on your own inititve and to strict timescales.
- Have experience of performing quality audits and ensuring any actions are updated.
- A complete awareness of all aspects of Health & Safety.
- You must hold a clean driving licence, have use of car( mileage allowance paid) and be willing to undertake any training as required.
- You must also be prepared to work a split shift mornings & early evening.
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
Interview date(s): 29/11/23
Coventry has a proud, innovative and creative spirit that throughout its history has seen communities come together to tackle problems and bring about real social change.
We are cutting-edge, challenging, youthful, vibrant and diverse.
At Coventry we are committed to excellence in everything we do. With around 4800 staff from a range of different backgrounds, our aim is to recruit and develop talented people who will focus on our customers, take responsibility, work together and find better ways of doing things.
To deliver the best services to our residents, we need the best people working for us to make a difference to our communities.
If you join us, we will provide a fantastic rewards and benefits package - to find out more please visit https://www.coventry.gov.uk/council-vacancies
Coventry City Council