Team Leader (Internal Providers – Adult Social Care)
About the team we are recruiting to
Adult Social Care is part of the People Directorate within Coventry City Council. We have a simple vision and strategy that defines what we are trying to achieve, our purpose and our approach which underpin the principles of Adult Social Care, and we continue to work in support of this.
In a simple sense all our work, at whatever level should continue to support the strategy of: ‘Providing support, in the least intrusive manner possible, based on the assets, resources and abilities that are available to people’.
Adult Social Care encompasses a wide range of vital services covering;
- Social Work Services - we work with individuals who have care and support needs, and with their carers be they older or younger adults
- Occupational Therapy and Equipment Services - we aim to enhance people’s ability to live safely and independently in their home
- Internally Provided Services – we provide direct support to people enabling those in most need to live independent and fulfilled lives
- Business Systems and Continuous Improvement - we provide a range of services including Financial Assessments, provider payment processing and Business Systems administration. The Business Systems team provide support to Adult Social Care, Children’s Services and Education Services.
This is an exciting time to join us as we work to put adults and their carers at the heart of everything we do. Specifically, if you are social workers, occupational therapists or social care professionals who are committed to achieving the best outcomes for adults and their carers we will help you make a difference through manageable caseloads, high-quality professional support, supervision and guidance and excellent learning and development opportunities
What is the job role?
We are currently looking for experienced, positive and dedicated individuals to join our Adult Social Care Services team in the role of Team Leader for Mental Health Supported Living.
We are recruiting to a part time 25.25hrs fixed term contract until March 2021
Working as part of the management team at Clifton House, you will supervise and work with the team; deploying resources to ensure that individuals' needs, outcomes and aspirations are met and supported in line with regulatory requirements and a promoting independence agenda providing person centred support to adults with a variety of complex needs.
Clifton House offers a range of services to meet individuals’ needs, as part of a short to medium-term community rehabilitation programme (usually up to two years) to enable an individual's recovery. Additionally, the service enables the transition to independence by offering people an Outreach Service in the community.
You will promote independence and personalised approaches in a safe, respectful and dignified manner; giving people choice and control over the services they are using and ensuring the best possible outcomes for individuals.
Working alongside our dedicated team you will provide personal, practical, emotional and social support to individuals, enabling them to have a great quality of life as important and valued members of the local community.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Who are we looking for?
In further detail your key duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Act as a front-line manager to ensure the effective running of the service on a day to day basis.
- Act as a Role Model for high quality care and support practice whilst monitoring the practice of staff and taking remedial action when necessary to ensure that expected standards of practice and conduct are maintained.
- Coach, guide and develop staff in delivering a high-quality service.
- Ensure that the rights of individuals who access our services are upheld and promoted at all times, assuring the principles of choice, dignity, respect, empowerment and fulfilment.
- Ensure and be actively involved in the completion of all required support tasks for individuals we support to ensure the maximum well-being of each individual.
- Ensure that assessments for new referrals, care/support plans and risk assessments are formulated involving the people we support, staff and relevant others; ensure these are revised and updated as necessary.
This is a “hands on” management role in which no two days are the same. You will therefore need to be an inspirational leader, with experience gained within a care / support setting. You will have an awareness and understanding of the principles or promoting independence, enablement and understanding with experience of guiding and mentoring staff.
Due to the physical nature of the role it is essential that you are physically fit, have a flexible, patient and non-judgemental approach to your work with the ability to demonstrate and adapt excellent communication skills.
In return for your commitment, Coventry City Council offers a wide range of employee benefits, specialised training and will support you to develop within your role and plan your future career.
Interested? Please apply, ensuring that as part of your personal statement you answer the bullet points below:
- Outline your experience of supporting people with enduring mental illness this can be either in a work setting or personal
- Describe how you have managed a challenging situation
- What is effective supervision and how is it put into practise
If you would like an informal conversation, please contact Michelle Marlor on 024 76 972347
Please note the salary advertised will be pro-rata to hours worked.
Interviews will be held week beginning 5th October 2020
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
All attachments for the job can be found here
Introduction to Coventry City Council
Coventry is a lively, multicultural city, which embraces old and new. Around the modern city centre there are traces of history everywhere – in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street. But Coventry has always had an eye on the future, and is now firmly focused on regenerating and re-inventing itself to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. With major developments and new projects taking place right across the city, Coventry City Council is the place to be!
There's a huge buzz about the city – Coventry ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, and is the UK City of Culture 2021 ! We believe this will help put Coventry on the map for all the right reasons. You can feel the sense of local pride throughout the city as we build towards this momentous year. It also offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those joining us to play their part in it.
We genuinely believe that Coventry City Council is a special place. You will be joining Coventry City Council during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the city. We have made our council a place where we look after our people, making sure you're happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We've created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for the city of Coventry.
As a Council with improvement at its heart, we’re committed to making life better for the people who live and work in Coventry. We’re equally concerned with the quality of life enjoyed by our people, so by joining us, you won’t just be helping the community, you’ll be helping yourself too.
Not only do you get to work alongside great people that are helping to improve services for our community we offer great benefits too! For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Pay progression through multiple increments
- Outstanding local government pension scheme
- Learning & Development with access to certified courses.
- Access to an award winning Occupational Health Team
- Vibrant employee networks
Coventry City Council