Teaching Assistant - Cardinal Newman Catholic School
What is the job role?
PT (32 hours per week)
Term time plus training days (39 weeks)
Grade 3 £14,393 - £15,275 (actual salary)
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic person to join our friendly and hardworking team as a teaching assistant. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced teaching assistant or someone undertaking their teaching and learning degree.
The ideal candidate will be able to work under the direction of the class teacher and SENCo to:
- Work with small groups of children to support their learning and deliver set interventions as required
- Deliver specific one to one, or one to two sessions with children to help them progress through their personalised programmes of stud.
- Support in the delivery of school reading provision
- Encourage and promote the inclusion and acceptance of all children
We are looking for someone who:
- May have had experience of supporting children with autism spectrum disorder and speech, language and communication needs
- Has the ability to see where and how they can help children make their next steps
- Will commit time and enthusiasm to our team
- Is able to act on their own initiative
Can form positive and caring relationships with children which
- motivates them to learn, grow and be confident.
- Demonstrates excellent classroom practice with high standards of teaching and learning
- Is a good team player who is willing to contribute to the ethos of the school
- Is motivated, passionate and reflective about their work.
We can offer you:
- Training for your role as appropriate to your needs and career aspirations including potential to pursue teacher training at a later date if required.
- A friendly, supportive and positive team to work in
- Regular TA training
This is an exciting opportunity as the school recently became part of the Holy Cross Catholic MAC and is one of the 50 schools identified as part of the Government building programme.
Closing date for applications: 9.00am, Friday 26 August 2022
Interview date: 2nd September 2022
Applications packs are available to download below and are returnable direct to the school – firstname.lastname@example.org
Application packs are available via the school website, www.cncs.school or Genna Wheeler, Assistant Business Manager, Tel: 024 7633 2382 Email: email@example.com
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.
Coventry City Council