Teacher of Geography Finham Park School
What is the job role?
Job Title: Teacher of Geography
School: Finham Park School
Salary: TMS1- UPS 3 (£25,714 - £41,604)
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
Start Date: January 2022
Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you relish the chance to support colleagues to make rapid sustained school improvement? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
What we offer:
- This is an exciting opportunity for a committed and motivated professional with an ambitious vision for the subject. This role would be suitable for an experienced teacher or an outstanding NQT who wants to work in a leading Academy focused on ensuring that all students achieve or exceed their potential. Experience of teaching Post 16 Geography would be highly Advantageous.
- The successful candidate will join an established Humanities Faculty, where our teachers are committed to delivering a high quality, lively and interesting curriculum to challenge and inspire all of our students. Geography is a popular and growing subject at the school, with creative and engaging lessons where fieldwork is highly supported, with GCSE and A Level results higher than the national average.
- Finham Park is a popular, successful and exciting secondary comprehensive school of over 1,500 students and is consistently oversubscribed. The school was rated as 'Outstanding' for the second time in 2015. Standards are consistently above national averages with us being a high performing school that received 'World Class' status for the second time in 2018.
- We provide a wealth of CPD opportunities for staff across a range of stages in their careers. The CPD responds to the needs of the school, the staff and the Multi Academy Trust through our Teaching School, The Lion Alliance.
- We have a commitment to improving staff well-being through a school well-being charter and a commitment to improving work-life balance.
- The school offers a number of onsite benefits including free parking, a high quality staffroom, on site café and access to a gym.
Find out more about life at the school from social media:
What you offer:
- Someone who is committed and motivated professional with an ambitious vision for the subject.
- An experienced teacher who wants to work in a leading Academy focused on ensuring that all students achieve or exceed their potential.
- A team player.
How to Apply:
Click the apply button to complete an on line application form.
Closing and interview dates:
Completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com by Monday 18th October 2021 at 9am with interviews being held on Wednesday 20th October 2021
For further information on this role and other opportunities within the MAT, please visit https://careers.fpmat.co.uk
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Coventry City Council