Teacher of Drama and English - Cardinal Newman Catholic School
What is the job role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the position of Drama and English Teacher.
Number on roll 1383 (with 203 in the Sixth Form)
Required for: September 2022
Cardinal Newman is a popular 11-18 Catholic School and Specialist Arts College, set in the pleasant outskirts of Coventry. The school has an excellent reputation, built on strong, long-standing relationships with the local community and beyond.
The school has an excellent reputation, built on strong and longstanding relationships with the local community and beyond. We are a Beacon Peace School and in our recent Section 48 inspection (March 2022) the school was recognised as outstanding. Inspection report comments include:
“Pupils know whom to go to if there is a problem, and they value the strong community spirit. They speak of solid relationships with their tutors and the extended community to which they belong, contributing to excellent behaviour.”
We are looking to recruit a dedicated and enthusiastic teacher of Drama and English
The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong commitment to the delivery of high quality teaching and learning, as well as the ability to work as part of a team.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have the capacity to teach Drama and English across all ages and ability ranges.
• Have excellent subject knowledge and be able to deliver an engaging curriculum.
• Demonstrate enthusiasm, energy and passion for their subject.
• Have fantastic classroom management and organisation.
• Willing to work as part of a very successful, supportive and friendly team.
• Promote the Catholic ethos of the school.
Cardinal Newman School can offer:
• A well-motivated body of students.
• A friendly, enthusiastic and supportive staff.
• CPD programmes to support and develop teachers particularly for NQTs.
• A vibrant programme of extra-curricular activities, which broaden the experience of our students.
• A caring ethos with strong international links and a commitment to actively supporting global charity and fundraising projects.
Application packs are available to be downloaded below.
Completed application forms should be send to Genna Wheeler, Assistant Business Manager
Closing date for applications: 9.00am Thursday 19th May 2022
Sandpits Lane, Coventry, CV6 2FR Tel: 024 76332382
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will need to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Coventry City Council