Teacher - Castle Wood School
What is the job role?
TMS/UPS with SEN allowance
Permanent starting September 2022
Castle Wood is an outstanding special school. We have 160 primary aged pupils with a broad spectrum of need - PMLD, SLD, ASD, social and communication difficulties and some complex behaviour challenges. We are passionate about teaching and learning and making a difference in children’s lives. Our vision is “Together, children first” as we recognise that everyone has a part to play in our pupils fulfilling their potential. Ofsted have judged us ‘outstanding’ in our last two inspections, recognising the warm relationships and the progress children in our school are making.
Our Governing Body is seeking to appoint highly motivated, enthusiastic, positive and inspirational Teacher with a “can do” attitude who has a drive to work with children with complex learning needs. The successful candidates will have experience of working with special needs children, ideally with Autism and be keen to demonstrate innovation and excellence in their classroom practice. They will have high expectations of themselves and their pupils, being someone who can engage and challenge students with complex learning needs to develop a lifelong love of learning and fulfil their potential. An understanding of Early Years principles would be beneficial as we use these across all ages in our school. You will be teaching children who have complex needs including ASD and sensory difficulties.
We are looking for enthusiastic dynamic Teacher with:
• vision and a thirst to deepen knowledge and practice
• personal skills and qualities required to form positive relationships with colleagues, parents and carers
• ambition for themselves and their pupils
• resilience and flexibility
The successful candidate will:
• have an appreciation of the importance of Safeguarding children
• have evidence of a commitment to continuing professional development
• have knowledge of current educational developments in teaching and learning, particularly in relation to pupils with special educational needs including Autism
• have knowledge of Planning, Assessment, Recording, and Reporting for pupils with a broad spectrum of need
• have the ability to work in partnership with outside agencies in order to meet pupils’ needs
• have knowledge and understanding of behaviour management skills and strategies, both theoretical and practical, required by staff to manage challenging behaviour effectively. Experience of working in a special school is desired.
• have knowledge of effective assessment and target setting for pupils with learning difficulties
In return, we will provide:
• personalised Continuing Professional Learning
• staff workwear
• opportunities to work with experts from a range of disciplines
• opportunities to work beyond the school
• committed and supportive colleagues
• supportive governors and parents
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Please download an application pack form below or from the school website/WM jobs. In your application form please detail the skills, knowledge and expertise which are required to become a successful Class Teacher and why you wish to work in a Special school in particular.
Closing date: Sunday 22nd May 2022
Interview date: TBC
Unfortunately, due to the extremely high number of applications expected, we are unable to respond to each individual. If you have not heard by end May 2022 then your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
Previous applicants need not reapply.
Coventry City Council