It’s great to know that you are interested in working with us at Coventry City Council. As a prospective employee, it is important that everyone who works for us is committed to our One Coventry values and shares our commitment to becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation.
Our Values are:
About the team we are recruiting to
Adult Social Care is part of the People Directorate within Coventry City Council. We have a simple vision and strategy that defines what we are trying to achieve, our purpose and our approach which underpin the principles of Adult Social Care, and we continue to work in support of this.
In a simple sense all our work, at whatever level should continue to support the strategy of: ‘Providing support, in the least intrusive manner possible, based on the assets, resources and abilities that are available to people’.
Adult Social Care encompasses a wide range of vital services covering;
- Commissioning Team – we commission and work with a number of providers, to ensure that people with care needs have access to a range of good quality support to enable them to live independent and fulfilling lives
- Social Work Services - we work with individuals who have care and support needs, and with their carers be they older or younger adults
- Occupational Therapy and Equipment Services - we aim to enhance people’s ability to live safely and independently in their home
- Internally Provided Services – we provide direct support to people enabling those in most need to live independent and fulfilled lives
- Business Systems and Continuous Improvement - we provide a range of services including Financial Assessments, provider payment processing and Business Systems administration. The Business Systems team provide support to Adult Social Care, Children’s Services and Education Services.
This is an exciting time to join us as we work to put adults and their carers at the heart of everything we do. Specifically, if you are social workers, occupational therapists or social care professionals who are committed to achieving the best outcomes for adults and their carers we will help you make a difference through manageable caseloads, high-quality professional support, supervision and guidance and excellent learning and development opportunities
What is the job role?
At Wilfred Spencer, we offer day opportunities for adults with learning Disabilities.
We are looking for a warm, caring staff who are confident to run and plan meaningful activities inclusive for all in the local community. We work to maximise the opportunities, choices, and independence for all service users we support with a non-judgemental approach. Our goal is to provide a high standard of care for everyone who accesses the service promoting dignity, respect, and independence at all times.
This post is 30.5hrs per week Monday to Friday.
Core hours for day opportunities services are between 8:45 - 15:15
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role we are looking for someone:
- Can achieve meaningful and memorable days for our service users this will include planning and running any activities.
- Ensuring all support needs are met throughout the day.
- Creating opportunity and choice with dignity and respect.
- Providing a safe environment where service users' rights and wishes are upheld and listened to
- Promoting the physical, emotional, social, and intellectual well-being of the people we support empowering them to fulfill a meaningful life.
- Patience and persistence to find ways to communicate effectively with service users
- A willingness to work in small groups and alone with service users
- Be physically able to carry out assessed manual handling, including hoisting, and pushing wheelchairs.
- To meet the practical and personal care and support needs of individuals we support. This can range from dietary /nutritional to medication needs.
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
Interview date: Wednesday 26th Oct 2022
Coventry has a proud, innovative and creative spirit that throughout its history has seen communities come together to tackle problems and bring about real social change.
We are cutting-edge, challenging, youthful, vibrant and diverse.
At Coventry we are committed to excellence in everything we do. With around 4800 staff from a range of different backgrounds, our aim is to recruit and develop talented people who will focus on our customers, take responsibility, work together and find better ways of doing things.
To deliver the best services to our residents, we need the best people working for us to make a difference to our communities.
If you join us, we will provide a fantastic rewards & benefits package which includes:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Pay progression through multiple increments
- Opportunity for Salary Match
- An outstanding local government pension scheme
- Great opportunities to develop with access to accredited courses.
- Access to an award-winning Occupational Health Service
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme
Coventry City Council