Foster With Coventry
What is the job role?
Do you have a spare bedroom? Have you ever thought about fostering but cannot commit full-time?
Coventry City Council’s Fostering Service needs more people to become approved foster carers and open their homes and hearts to children who need to be cared for by the Local Authority.
We are especially keen to hear from you if you are interested in our Out of Hours fostering scheme. Our Out of Hours foster carers are usually approached when a child/young person’s family are in crisis or where there has been a breakdown in an existing care arrangement. The Out-of-hours fostering rota is designed to meet the care needs of a child/young person outside of the usual office hours.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Foster carers on the weekly rota will be expected to be available to provide an emergency care arrangement and care for any child/young person who is considered suitable for fostering.
- Where you have particular commitments, Out of Hours foster carers can commit for part of the week rather than the full week.
- The expectation is that the Out-of-hours foster carer will provide care for the child/young person until the start of the next working day.
- Out-of-hours foster carers will be expected to supervise children placed on an emergency basis and not be left unsupervised with any other child/ren in the household.
- In some circumstances, a child/young person may need an out-of-hours care arrangement as no other foster carer could be identified during the working day.
- If on the next working day, the child/young person still needs an out-of-hours fostering arrangement, you may be approached to provide care for a subsequent night, which will be at your discretion.
In return the Scheme offers:
- A retainer payment of £350 per week, or pro rata, whilst you are on the rota and available to be contacted for children needing out-of-hours care.
- Fees and allowances for any child/young person for the time they have been in your care. For further information, please see https://www.coventry.gov.uk/downloads/file/24320/payments_for_coventry_city_council_foster_carers_201920
- Reimbursement if the child/young person requires emergency provision such as clothing.
- Mileage can be submitted in accordance with Coventry City Council’s usual expenses process for foster carers.
- As an Out of Hours carer, you will receive £350 as holiday pay, once you have completed a year on the rota.
- Full initial and ongoing training, personalised to your needs.
- Dedicated support from your supervising social worker and our wider team.
- Access to our 24/7 emergency telephone support service manned by a member of the Fostering Service.
Time to make a difference – Any of Us can be the difference. If you want to find out more about fostering with Coventry, please give the team a ring on 024 7683 2828 or visit – www.coventry.gov.uk/fostering.
Coventry City Council