Cover Supervisor - Blue Coat Church Of England School & Music College
What is the job role?
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic individual to provide cover supervision in the event of absence of the teaching staff and provide in-class support for other learning activities. You will also invigilate examinations and support departments as required
- Excited about working in a high achieving school?
- Determined to help and support students achieve their full potential?
- Keen to work with KS3, 4 and 5 students?
This post would suit a graduate considering entering the teaching profession or someone who can demonstrate an understanding of supporting and guiding students in their learning.
This is an ideal opportunity to join our successful school where your contribution to the life of the school community is valued and development opportunities maximised.
If you have the ability to inspire and motivate students we would like to hear from you.
Blue Coat Church of England School & Music College is a successful and oversubscribed large secondary school in the heart of the city of Coventry. As a Church of England school, our intake draws from both the local area and across the city and surrounding areas. We are a member of Inspire Education Trust, a local multi-academy trust of faith and non-faith schools which sets out to provide an environment where both staff and students can thrive, putting children at the heart of everything we do.
Our vision at Blue Coat School is “Living life in all its fullness”. We exist to equip our students to live life in all its fullness by providing excellent education which is distinctively Christian and inclusive of all. At the heart of this education are the values of Care, Hard Work, Respect, Integrity and Servanthood, working Together for the good of all individuals, the school and wider communities.
A career at Blue Coat offers a rewarding future, with the opportunity to make a real impact on the lives and outcomes of our young people. We understand the importance of providing a supportive and nurturing workplace for our staff. Our ethos is that a happy staff will deliver the best possible experience to our students. As such, we offer a portfolio of benefits designed to enhance and support the working lives of our staff. These include, but are not limited to:
- A highly supportive and committed Senior Leadership Team
- An effective continuing professional development (CPD) programme, including personalised training sessions and opportunities for both internal and external training
- An employer which aspires to break the mental health stigma, giving our people the support they need
- Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 confidential advice and support on a range of matters and access to accredited counsellors
- A focus on staff well-being including in-house counselling, a full time chaplain, a staff workload reduction group, strong relationships with Unions and a supportive working environment
- A wide range of trips and visits including international ones
- Time off during the school holidays (term time only role)
- Opportunity to join a committed and forward thinking team of support staff
- Employee Benefits programme which is being rolled out in Autumn 2020 providing staff access to:
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car scheme
- Discounts and shopping vouchers
- Financial wellbeing
- Technology scheme
How to apply
All applications must be received electronically via our TES page: https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/blue-coat-school-and-music-college-1000375
If you experience any problems with the online application process please contact TES directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries about the post, please email email@example.com
Closing date: 9am Monday 2 November 2020
Interview date: To be confirmed
Information for candidates
We aim to recruit the very best staff and welcome those from all backgrounds, communities and faiths (including non-faith individuals). We particularly welcome applications from those which are underrepresented in our workforce. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and male candidates.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment to this post will be subject to vetting checks including an enhanced criminal records check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Coventry City Council