Community Case Worker
It’s great to know that you are interested in working with us at Coventry City Council. As a prospective employee, it is important that everyone who works for us is committed to our One Coventry values and shares our commitment to becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation.
Our Values are:
About the team we are recruiting to
Adult Social Care is part of the People Directorate within Coventry City Council. We have a simple vision and strategy that defines what we are trying to achieve, our purpose and our approach which underpin the principles of Adult Social Care, and we continue to work in support of this.
In a simple sense all our work, at whatever level should continue to support the strategy of: ‘Providing support, in the least intrusive manner possible, based on the assets, resources and abilities that are available to people’.
Adult Social Care encompasses a wide range of vital services covering;
- Commissioning Team – we commission and work with a number of providers, to ensure that people with care needs have access to a range of good quality support to enable them to live independent and fulfilling lives
- Social Work Services - we work with individuals who have care and support needs, and with their carers be they older or younger adults
- Occupational Therapy and Equipment Services - we aim to enhance people’s ability to live safely and independently in their home
- Internally Provided Services – we provide direct support to people enabling those in most need to live independent and fulfilled lives
- Business Systems and Continuous Improvement - we provide a range of services including Financial Assessments, provider payment processing and Business Systems administration. The Business Systems team provide support to Adult Social Care, Children’s Services and Education Services.
This is an exciting time to join us as we work to put adults and their carers at the heart of everything we do. Specifically, if you are social workers, occupational therapists or social care professionals who are committed to achieving the best outcomes for adults and their carers we will help you make a difference through manageable caseloads, high-quality professional support, supervision and guidance and excellent learning and development opportunities
What is the job role?
This is a fabulous opportunity to join Coventry’s All Age Disability Team as a Community Case Worker. A Community Case Worker will work within the Adult Social Work team supporting vulnerable adults with disabilities to identify their care and support needs, and plan how to meet them. The role involves supporting people to identify their strengths and looking at how these strengths can support them to meet their outcomes and aspirations.
The Community Case Worker posts are full-time (37 hour). You will be supporting people living with a wide range of social care issues. There is a real emphasis on promoting independence.
You will work closely with service users, carers and other professionals to provide an appropriate assessment, review and case management service to professionally accepted standards.
You will have basic knowledge of relevant legislation and policy relating to Care Act 2014, Mental Capacity Act 2005, Safeguarding Adults and Children and GDPR.
The teams embrace a strength-based approach, and work within the Making Safeguarding Personal Principles. The legislative framework of The Care Act 2014, Mental Capacity Act 2005 and other relevant legislation. The teams engage in multi-agency working, working closely with partner agencies across the City.
Keen to join the team? If you feel you fit the criteria apply today! To find out further information and for an informal discussion please contact Chantella Shaban or Claire Reay by email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for people with a passion for promoting independence and making the principles of the Care Act 2014, a reality for the people of Coventry.
We are looking for enthusiastic people to bring experience, passion and commitment. If you like to work as part of a team but can also use initiative and work autonomously, we would really like to hear from you.
As a successful candidate you will have:
- Experience of assessment and case management work with people with a learning disability and/or Autism, people with a physical disability, or other adult service users.
- Ideally have experience in recording and record-keeping procedures.
- Experience of working within a team.
- Experience in working with a range of service user groups either in a personal or professional capacity.
- Have very good organisational skills.
For full details on the application process please read the attached document labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
Interview date(s): 14th September
Coventry is a lively, multicultural city, which embraces old and new. Around the modern city centre there are traces of history everywhere – in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street. But Coventry has always had an eye on the future, and is now firmly focused on regenerating and re-inventing itself to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. With major developments and new projects taking place right across the city, Coventry City Council is the place to be!
There's a huge buzz about the city – Coventry ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, and it was the UK City of Culture 2021. We believe this will help put Coventry on the map for all the right reasons as you can feel the sense of local pride throughout the city. It also offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those joining us to play their part in it.
We genuinely believe that Coventry City Council is a special place. You will be joining Coventry City Council during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the city. We have made our council a place where we look after our people, making sure you're happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We've created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for the city of Coventry.
As a council with improvement at its heart, we’re committed to making life better for the people who live and work in Coventry. We’re equally concerned with the quality of life enjoyed by our people, so by joining us, you won’t just be helping the community, you’ll be helping yourself too.
Not only do you get to work alongside great people that are helping to improve services for our community we offer great benefits too! For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Opportunity for Salary Match and Pay progression through multiple increments
- Outstanding local government pension scheme
- Learning & Development with access to certified courses.
- Access to an award winning Occupational Health Team
- Vibrant employee networks
- Lifestyle savings
- Salary Sacrifice Schemes; Car Scheme, Cycle to work and more
- Interest free travel loans
- Payroll giving scheme
- Workplace parking scheme
- Maternity, paternity and adoption Leave
- And much more
Coventry City Council