Assistant Headteacher Cardinal Newman Catholic School
What is the job role?
Number on roll 1383 (with 203 in the Sixth Form)
Required for January 2022
Assistant Headteacher – Personal Development & Wellbeing
The governors of this popular, over-subscribed, Catholic school are looking to appoint a well-qualified, ambitious, senior leader with a proven track record of success. We require an outstanding teacher capable of inspiring, motivating and supporting students and staff to achieve their full potential. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced leader able to strategically lead on personal development and wellbeing.
Applications are invited from candidates who:
- Have a successful, proven track record of senior or middle leadership in their current role.
- Are committed to improving the outcomes for all our students.
- Have a proven ability to work in partnership with staff, learners and their parents/carers offering support and challenge.
- Are able to lead, motivate and inspire students and staff.
- Have the energy, resilience and determination to succeed.
- Are a creative and strategic thinker, able to see through and sustain initiatives.
- Have excellent communication, organisational and inter-personal skills.
- Have commitment to and an understanding of Catholic education.
Cardinal Newman is a highly successful 11-18 Catholic comprehensive school set in the pleasant outskirts of Coventry. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to help lead the school and make a significant contribution to the future success of the school.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit the school and can arrange a visit by contacting Suzanne Harris, Headteacher’s PA, email email@example.com or telephone 023 7633 2382. Prospective candidates are invited to contact the Headteacher, Ms E O’Connor, informally to discuss the post.
Completed application forms should be returned to Suzanne Harris, Headteacher’s PA, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 19 October 2021 at 9.00am with interviews taking place on 20/21 October 2021
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Coventry City Council